"Seeing as you barely even cared whether I ate or not for the past five years, I am most certainly curious as to why you are worried now." Emilia got up from his chair though she could have sworn she felt her feet were off the ground even though she wanted them on the hard cold floor. "Besides why dine when I have my husband's fine liquor cabinet all to myself? Hm? And,-" He held her by the waist and took hold of the bottle in her hands.

She could tell he was clean shaven, and he had even gotten a small trim on his hair. His face even in the dim light looked as splendid as it did during the day and his lips, it might have been her haze filled mind or the burning of his body heat that created a slick wetness between her legs, but his lips looked dangerously sinful, a sin she wanted to drink of nonstop. A spark exploded in her body and his lips came crushing down on hers. His hands tore at her dress to expose an erect nipple while her hands fumbled with his shirt and pants though she knew she had better chances at getting them undone while sober than drunk.

He placed her on the edge of the table and pushed her skirts up till they hang about her waist, and she took in a sharp breath when he slammed hard into her. His fingers dug into her skin as he pushed and pulled himself into her tight wet entrance. Her hands gripped his neck and his shoulders any part of skin she could find. And she was sure she left marks on his body, markings that he was all hers.

She didn't care though.

With every thrust of his powerful muscles her nipples bounced with joy and hardened the more when they grazed the hairs of his chest. Their moans and the lustful smell of their sex was the only thing that filled the room and yet all she wanted was more of him making her feel wanton.

A loud moan escaped her lips as he slammed time without number into her. Skin moved on skin grinding on nothing but the wetness they produced and even when he slapped her thighs all she could do was cry out in the pleasure his manliness gave. His soft moans and grants were music to her ears and just like her, his eyes were closed in the bliss they shared. Her legs felt weak, and her toes curled, her body shook from the sweet ecstasy it was about to release and Emilia didn't think at that moment air was important to her not until he stepped away from her and allowed her breaths of her own.

"I can clean myself." The first line of goosebumps formed on her exposed skin, and she could still feel both their release coming out of her. He stood just a few inches from her and even with his disorganized state of dressing and his manhood resting, he seemed in that moment the most beautiful man she had ever met and how her heart ached at that thought.

He placed a clean cloth by the side and took hold of the bottle she had been drinking from. "I feel as though that was never intended. You are angry for some sort of reason." "We were both frustrated and needed a way to release the tension in our bodies."

"And did that help?" She couldn't find the courage to look at him. And no matter how hard she tried, she just couldn't read him. She got off from the table and gave herself the space as she dressed herself well, even though there was nothing left to the day dress. "Where were you today?" Not a breath passed before answering; "At the gentleman's club, a new set of horses-" He tried coming close to her, but she moved away from him. She could clearly tell he was very much displeased at her actions. "Were racing. I went to watch the races with Charles. Though I didnt bet on any."

"I fail to believe you." But did she though? Her heart ached and screamed, and she wanted to run into his arms. She wanted the after care of having him feel the heavy weight of her breasts in his hands, of him running his hands long her hips and stomach and drawing circles on her skin with his soft breaths putting her to bed. But why was everything so hard for her? Why did they have to fight, then love and then fight again? Was this marriage? And most of all why did her heart ache. Why was her heart aching for him? It was something she just couldn't understand.

"And why is that?" He stood his ground half dressed with a puzzled expression on his face though his manhood was temptation enough to have her breathless. "I-" Her voice came out short as the memories of what happened earlier in the day came flooding back.

"Emilia-"

"No, don't you dear Emilia me!" She didn't hide it, she didn't hide the tears that came rushing down her face and even though she lied to herself, the sex hadn't helped matters, it just made her feel worse. It wasn't what she needed. She needed his arms, his assurance but she was too damned mad to demand that from her.

"How the hell am I supposed to know what is wrong with you if you wont talk to me?" He raised his voice and that broke her even more. "Talk to you Devyn? For five years we have been married and it is now that you want to talk to me?" He took in a breath.

"I will admit, we haven't had the perfect relationship-" She laughed, and he was sore displeased she cut him of his speech. "We Devyn are far from perfect! We are so far from perfect you had to sleep with one of my maids to have yourself satisfied! Had I done the same, had I slept with a hand or a servant I would have been the talk of the town! I am already the talk of the town. The one topic all those women cant keep out of their mouths and being called incompetent. How can I be incompetent when you havent done your part?"

The air in the room died down a notch and she saw the realization in his eyes. "That I admit was a one-time thing, and I swore to never disrespect you in such a manner ever again." "And yet you did with lady Clara Leavening at her ball and the mistress you apparently slept with while in town."

"You couldn't possibly believe the rumors of the mistress thing-"

"Yet it is true."

"Will you stop interrupting me?" He moved an inch towards her and stopped, closed his eyes, and took in a breath. "What happened today, Emilia? Tell me, did anyone hurt you?" His voice was a soft whisper one that touched her heart, one that gave an open invitation to his arms. He titled her head to the side till he got a good look at the bruise on her cheek. But damned was her stubbornness. "Why would you care?" "Emilia, I care enough to ask, isn't that caring enough? What more do you want from me?"

"Who was she?"