Chapter 4

After a few days...

"C'mon, you both... it's your first day in college today, Rohan," Mrs. Khanna exclaimed.

"Yes, Mom, I know," Rohan replied.

Rohan P.o.v

"Vihan bro... C'mon, let's go," I said. "Yes," Vihaan replied.

We got into our car. "Set the location, Ro," Vihaan said.

"Bhaiya... don't call me Ro... it's so childish," I remarked. He laughed. "By the way, how are you feeling about the new college?" I  asked.

"Nothing much... new place, new environment... we have to adjust wherever life takes us. Besides, I'm already settled, Rohan," Vihaan replied.

"So, have you made any friends?" I asked. "Yes, Akshay is one of my friends," he said. "And anyone else?" I inquired. "Well, do you remember Jia? She's also in my class, but she hardly talks," he mentioned.

"Yeah, she's a bit odd. I noticed her that day too. She didn't even utter a single word. Maybe she's just introverted," I commented. "I don't know... I just feel like there's something more to it," he added. "Anyway, it's not about me today. It's about you. You'll settle in quickly, just like I did," he reassured me.

"He's right... Well, that's just how he is, like a versatile person... always getting well settled no matter the environment," I thought.

We arrive at college. "Okay, Rohan, remember to try and get settled in the new college. I know it's a new place, and it can be a little overwhelming for you, but I know you can do it. Also, give me a call if there's any problem, okay?" Vihaan says. I nod in response.

I enter the class. "Students, I would like to introduce our new student, Rohan Khanna. He joins us mid-semester, so I expect you to help him," the professor announces.

"Hey, everyone," I say. I'm greeted with warm welcomes and hellos. I find a seat on one of the benches. "Hey, I'm Mohit," a fellow student introduces himself.

"Hey, Rohan here. Nice to meet you, man," I reply, shaking hands with him.

The class is over, and I look around when I notice a familiar face. "Ishaniii," I exclaim."Oh, youuu... heyy," she replies with a smile. I feel a sense of relief knowing someone in the class. "Guys, meet him... he's Rohan, my new neighbor," Ishani introduces me. Everyone greets me warmly.

"Rohan, please meet him... he's my boyfriend, Yash," Ishani introduces me to her boyfriend. He's good-looking.

"Hey," I say. "Bro, don't even think about her... I warn you," Yash says. "What?" I respond, surprised. "Yash!" Ishani glares at him. "He's my friend," she whispers angrily.

"Anyway, I'll take my leave," I say, feeling irritated, and head out.

Vihaan p.o.v

I saw Jia in the class. I know she's in my class, but she seems so lost. Nobody talks to her. Well, to be more accurate, she doesn't talk to anybody. The more I see her, the more I want to know about her, talk to her, and ask her questions. She doesn't even smile. I sense that she's not an introvert. I can usually tell who is introverted or not because I used to be an introvert myself.

"Vihaan, would you like to answer this question?" the professor asked. I snapped out of my thoughts, realizing I wasn't paying attention in class. "Um, sorry, what?" I asked. The professor repeated the question, and I mentally scolded myself for zoning out.

"Um, sir, I would like to answer," I began, but then I heard Jia's voice for the first time. She answered the question perfectly.

"Perfect, Jia. Well done," the professor praised her. There was not a trace of expression on her face, which intrigued me. I couldn't help but look at her. "Bro, stop looking at her," Akshay said.

"Yes, yes," I replied. "Do you like her?" Akshay asked.

"What? No, I'm just curious about why she's like that," I explained.

"Nobody knows, buddy. It's like she doesn't even care about anyone except her family. A few days ago, there was this boy who called Ishani some rude words. When Jia found out, she beat the crap out of him, man. She even got suspended for a week," Akshay said.

"She's a badass," I commented. "No, she's ruthless... aggressive," he corrected.

The class was over, and I decided to go up to Jia. I wanted to thank her for answering the question. I saw her heading out of the classroom.

"Jia," I called out to her, but she didn't stop. I tried again, "Jia," but she continued to walk away. I decided to run up to her and stood in front of her, blocking her path. She stopped but kept her gaze downward. "Hey, it's Vihaan here," I began, but she remained silent. "I just want to thank you for answering that question. You saved me," I continued, hoping for a response. She started to walk away again.

I reached out and held her wrist, making her look back at me. I could see the anger in her eyes. "If I'm saying something, I expect a reply," I told her. She forcefully pulled her hand away.

"Don't you dare touch me again," she said angrily and walked out.

"Bro... I can say it's the first time I've heard Jia speak so much," Akshay remarked.

"She's quite mysterious," I replied.

"Let's go, Vihaan," Rohan said.

"Oh, hey, Rohan. Yeah, let's go," I agreed.

"Rohan!" We both turned to see Ishani approaching.

"Ishani," I greeted her.

"Hey, Vihaan," she smiled. "Rohan, actually, I wanted to apologize," she began.

"It's okay, Ishani. No worries," Rohan assured her.

"No, I'm actually really upset. I don't know what's happened with Yash," Ishani shared.

"Don't worry about it," Rohan comforted her. "Okay, bye then," she smiled.

"Ishani, come with us. We'll drop you," I offered.

"Oh no, thanks. Our driver is already here, and Jia di is waiting, so I should go," she declined.

As Ishani left, I realized that if I wanted to learn more about Jia, befriending her sister seemed like the first step in unraveling the mystery.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to let you know that the next chapter is in the works. However, due to my work commitments, I might not be able to update daily. Nevertheless, I'll do my best to provide regular updates.

Thank you for your continued support and happy reading!

Warm regards,

Erica <3