Epilogue

It took three years to fix the Boiling Isles. It never went back to the way that it was, obviously, but getting it to a point where everyone was happy to leave things took three long years. I was nineteen by the time we were done, which still feels weird. To be honest, some days I still feel like a sixteen-year-old kid trying to juggle saving the world, the biggest crush ever and no social skills. To be honest the only thing that's changed is the world needing to be saved. That's done, and I'm working on my social skills, but I still have the biggest crush on my husband. It's embarrassing.

The first thing we did was release everyone from The Collector's Archive. All day was just spent reuniting friends and families. Hunter and I waited with Willow until we spotted her dads among the crowd. She ran to them instantly, and the three wrapped each other in a massive hug.

Hunter and I could only watch. It was too late for me to connect with my family, I doubt I'd even be able to find them if I tried. And I don't have to explain Hunter's complicated family tree. But we had each other, and that was enough. I leaned my head against his shoulder, Hunter put an arm around my waist.

Then someone came up behind us. He ruffled Hunter's hair, making him spin around. I did the same. It was Darius and Eberwolf. I broke into a grin as Darius moved his hand to my head and ruffled my hair.

After that... everything just kinda happened. Me and Hunter wound up staying with Darius while the Isles were rebuilt. Darius helped keep people from taking up Belos's old position.

Even though he was dead, finally, Belos was still affecting life on the Isles. Some Coven Heads still thought they should be in charge. People in the Emperor's Coven were stranded without jobs or lives. And the whole Coven system was still restricting people's magic.

I wound up helping people who used to be in the Emperor's Coven with Steve. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be to be honest. Alador started working on a way to remove coven sigils almost immediately. And soon the Coven Heads either chilled out or got themselves arrested. I probably shouldn't have been happy when that happened.

Magic changed a lot after Belos. Wild magic became popular again. The whole coven situation. Since the actual Titan died fully, glyphs stopped working. But Luz managed with String-Bean.

Speaking of Palismen, Hunter took up Palisman carving. He worked with Eda's family carving Palismen while I worked with other ex-scouts. It was fine, and we were both happy, but we were spending more time apart than I would've liked. But then, on my first birthday post-Belos, Hunter surprised me with something I'd all but given up hope for.

"This is a Palisman." I said, holding it carefully in my hand.

Hunter nodded. "Happy birthday. I'm pretty sure I mentioned wanting to do this for you before."

"While we were fighting for our lives." I said after a moment of thinking. "I wasn't paying attention."

"Ouch. Those could've been my last words." Hunter said.

"Shut up." I muttered. I didn't like to think about those what-ifs.

"Sorry." Hunter said, putting a hand on my shoulder. He nodded at the inanimate Palisman in my arms. "Come on,"

"Come on what? I don't know what to do with a Palisman." I said.

"Bond with them. Tell them what you want most." Hunter said. He stepped away. "I'll give you a minute."

He left. I sank into a chair, still cradling my Palisman. My Palisman. Holy shit I had a Palisman. A disbelieving chuckle passed my lips as I set them carefully on the table, running my scarred finger over the intricate carvings.