The Sanin Has a Request!

Start from the beginning

"Naruto you need to pack your things. Tomorrow you're going on a trip with Jiriaya to get the next Hokage." Naruto smiled, "Okay!"

"Maybe start you on some research!" Kenshi shook his head, "Good luck with that one." .

"Um Pervy Sage. What research are you talking about?" He looked down at the blond and then noticed he was holding the hand of the lazy clan heir.

"Nevermind." Naruto saw the disappointment in his face but just shrugged it off. The Nara looked at the older Oda, "Is it okay to have Naruto over for dinner?"

The man looked down at the boy and smiled, "Yes but he needs to be home right after. He will be leaving quite early tomorrow." Shikamaru smiled softly before the three genin left to the Oda house.

"The other two are getting better as well. Not just Naruto." Kenshi stated looking at the masked Shinobi. "Yes they are, Shikamaru is to reliant on his Shadow Binding Jutsu. Mito does a bit better in a all out fight but she is to straight forward some times."

"See if Sara will take her under her wing. She can teach her some new skills and maybe temper her combat aggression. My wife was very much the same at her age." Kenshi smiled fondly thinking about his wife.

"I'll ask her next time I get the chance thank you Kenshi." The man smiled but said nothing, "Well I must return home. I'll see you both tomorrow."

Naruto was packing while Mito and Shikamaru sat and chatted with the boy. Mito couldn't get over that the two boys were officially together. Much to the boy's embarrassment, she kept talking about how they were to cute to function anymore.

Looking at the girl Naruto smirked, "Well seeing how your so excited for us maybe we should ask about a certain emo boy." He heard Shika chuckle from behind him.

Crossing her arms she tried to play it off, "I don't know what you're talking about." Naruto started laughing as the girls blush took over her cheeks. "it's okay! I am pretty sure he likes you to Mito."

"Pft. What ever." She states while trying to hide her blush. Naruto chuckled as the three moved his stuff by the front door. His yumi was placed next to his storage scrolls by the door.

Naruto kept his wazikashi on him. You could never be under prepared, even in your own village. He noticed though Mito also carried her tanto with her now. It didn't help that their village was attacked, now they felt they needed their weapons at all times.

"By mom! By dad!" Naruto yelled as he opened the door. Sara peeked out, make sure he comes home on time brat." Shikamaru shuddered nervously, "Yes mam!"

Mito left the boys as they made their way to the Nara compound. The two Genin hadn't expected to see members of the other two clans together. Choji and Ino were sitting waiting for them as they two entered.

"Hey Shika! Naruto!" Choji waved to them while Ino looked down directly at their intertwined hands. Excitement filled her eyes, "Oh my god! Are you two?!" Squealing she ran to them, "That is so cute!!"

Shikamaru shook his head, "Of course you troublesome girl." Ino shifted immediately to rage, "Why you jerk!" Hitting him on the top of the head.

Naruto was shocked but started laughing, "Shika you need to be nicer." The boy side eyed he Jinchuriki while rubbing his head, "She is the one who hit me."

"Come on kids let's eat." Shikaku called out to them. Naruto followed his new boyfriend into the dinning area. Both Ino's and Choji's parents were there. Shikamaru didn't let go of Naruto's hand as he led him to their seats.

Yochino Nara noticed that her son was awfully close to the blond Jinchuriki. She elbowed her husband and gestured to the boys who were smiling and talking amongst themselves. "Did you know our son found a live interest?"

Now all the adults noticed the closeness of the boys, "Yes." He spoke thinking back on their conversation before the attack on the village. "Shikamaru and I discussed it already. I am sure the clan elders will have their issues with this but Naruto is a strong and kind boy."

Chozā smiled as he watched Naruto steal a piece of food off of Choji's plate and to his surprise didn't explode in anger, "He is a good kid. He has been a good friend to Choji as well "

Dinner continued as the adults watched the kids interact. Even Ino calmed down now that Naruto and Shikamaru were together. She wasn't as obsessive over the blond anymore. Which Shikamaru was very grateful for. Choji finished off the Nara's plate before they left the table.

"So you're leaving the village again?" Choji asked. All four kids were sitting in the main living area relaxing for a bit before Naruto had to leave. "Yeah but it's okay! I'm going to bring my scroll from my parents and start working on my two other Jutsu."

"I can't believe you have a Sanin training you. That's so cool." Ino said causing the bly to smile, "He is a perv though so it evens out!"

Shikamaru chuckled watching the blond interact with his friends. The boy just had so much energy. His personality was almost made of light. He felt like he was looking at the most important person in the world.

After a few more hours, Naruto needed to leave. Shikamaru stood at the door with him and seemed nervous, "What's wrong Shika?"

The boy looked him in the eyes, "I just don't want you to go by yourself again. You attract trouble." The blond faked a offended gesture, "I do not!"

Shikamaru chuckled and grabbed Naruto's hand. The Jinchuriki grabbed the boys other hand, "I'll be careful I promise."

Shikamaru felt his cheeks heat up but before he could respond Naruto lean in and kissed his cheek. "You better be."

Saying his goodbyes Naruto left. He was glad Shikamaru had felt the same way. The boy made him happy. "Brat, you should keep that boy close. Not many humans are as good as him."

'I will. Thanks Kurama.' Naruto felt himself smiling like an idiot as he got home.

The next morning Naruto met Jiriaya at the main gate with his family. Shikamaru and Mito both stopped by to say goodbye.

It was weird leaving the village without his family or friends. Jiriaya ruffled his hair, "Well let's get going kid. Gotta make she we get the new Hokage!"

Smiling Naruto nodded, "Yes! This is gunna be great!" Waving goodbye everyone watched them leave the village. Shikamaru still couldn't shake the feeling that Naruto would run into trouble, "Don't worry Shikamaru. Your boy toy will be fine." Mito said with a grin before turning back to the village.