Chapter 12: Into Ashes

Start from the beginning

Mala said "Why are you here Hiccup?" But Hiccup quickly said "That doesn't matter, this mysterious attacker is my main concern" he than told Mala everything about how you met the riders and the mystery man and how they fought him off. Mala listened intently and at the end said "I've heard of this man, he is a curse to this world and I will personally get rid of him, come on, rest for the night, in the morning after things are settled we can calculate our next plan". "Thank you Mala, come on Toothless, Axel let's go". You started to follow Mala, Storm and Toothless not far behind. While walking Mala asked "Is that your companion Axel?" You replied "Yes this is Stormstriker, I met her in the woods on the Edge, or rather she found me". Mala chuckled and said "A failed titanwing is a formidable dragon and quick to anger, I'm surprised to see you befriended her". You said "We had some minor inconveniences but were able to put them aside". Behind you Storm growled in agreement.

You arrived infront of one of the few unburnt huts and Mala turned to Hiccup and said "This is the best we can offer for now seeing as our guest houses have burnt down, I will meet you 2 in the morning. Leave your dragons here and we will care for them." Hiccup said "Thank you, in the morning we'll get back to the Edge and figure out our next course of action."

You and Hiccup said your goodbyes and entered the hut where there were several beds, it must have been where soldiers slept, you both took different beds and you asked Hiccup "What now?" He replied "We have to help them, Throk is a good friend and needs rescuing, the Eruptodon as well". You said "Okay I hope you have a plan". After that you said your goodnight and went to sleep.

The next morning you and Hiccup woke up and went outside, judging from the sun it was 8 am, most if not all the fires had been extinguished. Your dragons had slept outside and they were now wide awake. Mala was also there giving orders to some people. She saw us and walked over saying "Ah good morning Hiccup and Axel, I trust you slept well?" Truth be told you had a nightmare but you said "Yes thank you very much". Hiccup also nodded and said "Let's ride to the Edge and meet up with the others, than we can try to find this mystery man and his new armada." Mala said "Excellant, let's go than".

You mounted Storm and said "Are you ready for the flight home girl?" She roared as if to say yes and you had never seen her so enthusiastic. Hiccup mounted Toothless who was also really excited, Mala sat behind him and said "It's the sage fruits, they make a dragon hyper active for a set period of time". You said "This is pretty handy". Hiccup than said"Okay let's go".

They took off first with you following behind them to guard their rear. Due to their hyperactivity the dragons covered the trip in 3 hours instead of 5 which was really helpful.

When you reachedthe Edge it was about 11 am and you could already see Hookfang and Stormfly as well as Fishlegs which meant the twins had returned. You also saw another Razorwhip which meant Heather was here as well as a Rumblehorn, Skullcrusher. You said "Hiccup isn't thag your father's dragon? Skullcrusher?" He said "Yeah it is, what's he doing here?" Mala looked shocked, she said "Your father also rides dragons?" Hiccup said "Yeah, recently he started to ride them".

You 3 landed outside the Clubhouse and went in. Inside were Astrid, Fishlegs, the Twins, Snotlout, Heather and Hiccup's father the chief of Berk, Stoick the vast. Hiccup said "Hey dad, surprised to see you here, umm what's happening, hey Heather" You also greeted Heather and Stoick.

The chief of Berk said "Son we need to talk". Heather also added "Urgently". You looked around the room and saw everyone was in a glum mood. Mala entered from behind and said "Hello everyone". Stoick looked at her and said "You must be Queen Mala, pleasure to meet you" Mala said "The pleasure is all mine". Hiccup interrupted them by saying "What happened dad, is everything okay?"

Stoick took a deep breath and said "Last night Berk was attacked, by an armada of 40 ships. (Hiccup was about to interrupt but Stoick continued) no son listen, 40. We thought that they were raiders so we attacked and the A-team helped us and we certainly were beating their arse, but than about 50 Whispering Deaths came from behind, riders on all of them. The warriors jumped off from the dragons's backs and were attacking us, and the dragons themselves had plain faces with no emotions, like during the time of the Red Death they fought like they wanted to die, like they didn't care. And than he came. A man in a black coat, a huge scar on his face. With a war hammer  riding none other than a Skrill. I flew up to him on Skullcrusher and he said 'I am the bringer of the scourge, bow before my might!' So I replied 'leave us be and you may live!' And we insulted each other and than he attacked me, thankfully me and Skullcrusher managed to defeat him and he fell from the skies. However something odd than happened. After falling from the sky he got up and looked at me and said 'Now the real fun begins!' And he snapped his finger and the expressionless Skrill just got up, he than took out an elixir and force fed it to the dragon and infront of out very eyes, it turned into a Titanwing Skrill. At this point everyone was terrified and we kept on fighting, we managed to fight them off but not before they destroyed more than half of Berk and captured Gustav and Fanghook."