Chapter 8: The Woman behind it all

\\\Editor's notes: section 2 of the story of Axel Cederburg starts from this point forward, this section takes place between the 3 month gap between the season 4 and 5 of Race To The Edge and also in the first few episodes of season 5, anyways enjoy!///

You woke up to the chirping of Night Terrors, you were laying in a bed made of straw and wood and around you were your things lined up against the wall of your hut. Well it was Heather's hut but since she had left so it was given to you. You walked outside and saw the sun rising from the beyond the hills, creating a wonderful view. You could feel the cold morning breeze brush against your skin as you went back inside to change into your battle armour. A month had passed since the Shellfire and you had guessed that you were in the 3 month gap between season 4 and 5 in which no one knew what happened. But you still didn't care as you couldn't have lived life any better.

You re-entered your hut where you saw Stormstriker sleeping in one corner. She took up almost 20% of the hut but you didn't mind. You took off your night clothes and donned your battle armour, it was just like Hiccup's armour but black in colour. You had a long day ahead of you. This was because it was the third week of training with the riders. It was Hiccup's idea to train you to survive the dragon world and to know all that they knew. Your classes were as followed, from 8 am to 10 am you had flying and dragon training classes with Hiccup, than from 10 am to 12 pm you had battle training with Astrid, than after a 2 hour break. You had dragon knowledge class with Fishlegs from 2 till 4 pm, followed by a 1 hour class by Tuffnyr and Ruffnut on how to cause as much chaos as possible, than at last you had a 1 hour class with Snotlout on how to sew armour from different dragon scales.

There were still 1 hour 30 minutes till your first class so you decided to go on a morning flight. You woke up Storm, who didn't want to do anything except sleep, and got onto her, you "Are you ready for another day girl?" She roared jubilantly and took off. In the air you shouted with joy and enjoyed the feeling of the cool air on you face, Storm was also enjoying as shown when she did 3 barrel rolls almost causing you to fall off. You than said "Are you ready for the dive girl?" She growled with ire in her voice and you said "Don't be such a crybaby, it's the only way to get fresh quick, plus we'll instantly dry off due to the wind".

Storm again growled with even greater amounts of ire in her voice but than did a back flip and dived straight down at full speed. You both dove into the water smoothly and Storm started to use her wings to propel her in the water, you stayed in the water for 3 minutes while holding your breath before Storm flew out of the water, you said "See Storm not bad eh?". But Storm didn't answer, partially because her mouth was filled with fish.

You than flew straight up above the clouds where you could see a group of Timberjacks flying. You said "Aah another calm peacefull day of pure bliss, what could go wrong?" Storm also roared in agreement. But as you would soon learn, tempting with faith was not a great way to live.

You decided to rest in a nearby sea stack. There were still 30 minutes to your class so you decided to take a 5 minute rest. As soon as you dismounted Storm she started to run around playfully. Eventually after calming down she layed down and stared at the horizon. You sat down next to her and breathed the calm air. I can't believe all this is real, I still expect myself to be in a coma or something, except for the fact that I know I'm not in a coma you thought while sitting there. Still you did miss your family and friends from Sweden. There were times at night you would wake up and called for your mother only to realize she was in another universe.

Infront of you a fog slowly started to set on the island, not a fog but rather a mist that came up to your knees that's wierd, this sea stack is like 15 meters big, where is this mist coming from? You got up and went to the center of the sea stack where the majority of the mist was. You soon got your answer when infront of you the fog started to condense together to form a woman. She was a beautiful middle aged woman, she was the age of Valka (Hiccup's mother) but had even fairer skin, infact she looked like a replica of Valka, except for her face which had less spots. The woman was entirely made of wind and as she opened her mouth a voice came, not from the mouth, but as if from earth around her "Greetings Axel, I finally have the chance to speak to you" you welped in fear and walked backwards away from the woman only to bump into Stormstriker who was also growling at the mysterious woman.

"W-who are you?" You stuttered. The woman replied with her mysterious voice "I am the earth on which you stand, which you build upon, from where life came forth, to where all life goes, I am Jörò". You couldn't belive it, you had read Norse mythology and was interested in it, and you had read about Jörò, the earth mother, the mistress of life. You quickly bowed down, not wanting to offend the goddess, as you head read what happened to those who disobeyed.

However Jörò laughed, the laugh reminded you of the rivers and oceans of this world, she said "No need to bow, I am not to be feared, I come here as a friend" even Storm was bowing her head, after she said that both you and Storm can raise your head up even she understood, apparently the earth could also speak dragon. You asked "So you're really a g-godess?" She said "Godess is a strong term, Gods can't die, however I very much can, I am a diety, I am of high power and position but can still be killed, but no one has succeeded yet" You nodded taking in the information, the mother earth herself was standing infront of you, the Godess er sorry I mean the diety of the earth and life. But the bigger question was what did she want?

You soon got the answer when she said "You may have constantly wondered how you got here, I know you have, the earth sees all. To answer your age long question, I was the one who brought you here, because a mysterious threat, much larger than Viggo or Rykker or even Krogan could pose". You stayed silent for a good 5 minutes, astounded by what Jörò had said, she had brought you here  to fight some–some mysterious threat. Part of you was was glad that she did but the other half was filled with rage that he had been separated from his family because of her. Nevertheless you controlled your emotions and asked "What threat?" The diety replied "You already know, the man in the purple cloak, who can control dragons thanks to his special syrem, he is the one whom I can't stop, even I don't know anything about him, except for this, that you alone can stop him through hardships. However I realize I have been too harsh whisking you away from your life, so here is a choice for you, the first of many. Choose to return back home and I will snap my fingers and everything will go back to normal, or stay and help me defeat the monster who has invaded my earth."

You thought about it for a good 10 minutes. You really wanted to go back, to your home. But you had a new family, one which was in danger. So you replied "Thank you but no my lady, I will stay and help. I can't leave my new family to die". Jörò replied "That is understandable, so go my chosen one, go return to your life on the Edge, forget about me and that man. And when the time comes, well you'll know what to do, farewell".

And with that the diety dissipated into the mist which slowly moved over the side of the sea stack and into the water below.

You decided to listen to what Jörò had just said and mounted Storm who was equally disturbed as you. Than you flew off to your lesson with Hiccup.

Along the way you kept thinking about what had happened and came to the conclusion that you had bashed your head against a rock and were hallucinating. You would not tell anyone about your wierd dream and as you flew back to the Edge the ancient diety was already out of your mind.

But you were still in the thoughts of both her and another man, a man on a Titanwing Whispering Death, flying to meet some old confrères. And was already plotting his next attack.

///Thanks for reading the story, so Axel has now realized how he got to the HTTYD world but has decided to not belive in it, meanwhile on the other side of the Archipelago the mystery man plans his next attack, along with Kro–I mean his 2 confrères, I wonder what will happen next?\\\