Chapter 3

Hello again!

Let's keep this thing moving! It will definitely be interesting to see how these two will be getting along in the start of all this!

We love some bickering, some teasing, she's definitely the golden retriever to his black cat personality! 😉

Chapter 3 introduces you to Leonard Spiro. Eden's boss. Who I envision played by someone like Tony Goldwyn:

The song of this chapter especially when I was writing was: Suddenly I See by KT Tunstall

Enjoy!!
....

CHAPTER 3
EDEN

I used to convince myself that if I ever landed a job like Anne Hathaway in the Devil Wears Prada that I would without a doubt be able to handle a woman like Miranda Priestly.

C'mon working for a national magazine? Living every girl's dream of working with models, fashion designers, assisting some of the most brilliant people in the world of print magazines?

It was glamorous and hectic but somehow seemed like the perfect formula for success? I could definitely handle it. And if I ever had the chance to be in her shoes.... or I guess I should say the iconic thigh-high Chanel boots, there would be absolutely no chance of you finding me quitting, or complaining, or even running around like some chicken with its head cut off.

I would be organized. Smart. Sophisticated.
A woman who moved with grace....

Cut to me speeding down the street like a maniac still dressed in last night's clothes. Hair thrown back in a ponytail but greasier than ever.

Glasses on because there was zero time to find my contacts. Because I'm not a complete savage, I washed my face as best I could but my sworn enemy blackest black mascara did not let me down. Leaving traces of itself still stuck around my eyes.

My teeth were brushed by some miracle. But everything was too bright, the world was making wayyy too much noise, and I had the worst headache from my hangover that would have to wait to be treated.

Last night I discovered that I don't handle my alcohol as well as I used to.

A little out of practice is how I would describe it.

Four cocktails later I woke up to Lana screaming at me to get up. She had managed to get us back to our apartment with the help of Joey, the bartender, who had to find us both still passed out in separate rooms when he went to close the place up.