Part 40 - Lunch Party

Start from the beginning

"He's really trying this time" you say happily.

Happy looks at you with a proud smile on his lips as well. Soon you hear the guys' voices coming closer and closer until they've joined you outside with the bottles of wine in their hands.

"We're back" they place them on top of the table.

Tony stands on his feet behind you and rests his hands on your shoulders. He softly starts massaging you, offering you so much pleasure and relaxation.

"They're here!" the enthusiasm is clear in your voice once JARVIS informs you again that the guests are here.

You walk quickly to the door and Tony tries to keep up with your pace. When you open the door, Anne's and Sebastian's figures are waiting for you, seeking both nervous and excited.

"Hey, guys" you smile widely.

"Hello there, both of you. So happy for inviting us over" they reply.

"Pleasure is ours" Tony speaks.

"I brought chocolate cake" Sebastian says nervously.

"And I made cheesecake" Anne adds.

Tony's eyes fall on both those desserts, that they are holding in their hands, and he gasps.

"Thank you, I will take these and put them in the fridge" Tony takes them and goes to the kitchen.

You lead them both to the yard, where Happy and Rhodey are already in place, and they all greet each other with big smiles.

"Yes, I can definitely recognise you, Anne" Happy comments as they shake hands.

Anne looks a little confused but you laugh because you know he's referring to your previous conversation.

"You also look very familiar. Sebastian, right?" he then refers to him.

"We must've seen each other at events" Sebastian replies.

Tony returns and joins you all outside. You've all taken your seats and finally started touching the food. One part of you feels guilty for not cooking the lunch yourself but you're not the best cook for this kind of occasions. Also, you don't really have the time for so much cooking and of course, you can't compete with the perfection of Tony's chefs.

"We didn't cook the food ourselves but we surely covered the wine. Well, Tony did" you giggle.

"It's such a good combination with the food" Sebastian replies and takes another sip.

"Well, knowing Alice's taste really helped" Tony turns to look at you with a warm smile and he caresses your crossed leg.

"I have to agree with Seb. I'm not even a huge fan of wine but this is delicious" Anne adds.

"You're not a fan of wine?" Tony's eyebrows shoot up in shock as he looks at her.

"Oh, oh" Rhodey jokingly says.

"I-I just mean that I prefer other drinks more. Nothing personal with wine itself" Anne replies.

"What kind of drinks do you prefer?" Tony gets very interested in this topic suddenly.

Anne is sitting next to you so Tony wraps his arm behind your back and leans towards your side to be able to look at both of you easily.

"I'm more of a rum person" Anne admits.

"You see, that's all it took. I love you already" Happy smiles and makes Anne chuckle also.

"Who doesn't love rum? I have a whole other collection of it. But wine, I mean... I'm sure you simply haven't tried the right choices" Tony speaks up.

"Judging by today's options I think you are correct" she agrees with him.

Tony takes a sip from his glass with a happy grin on his lips and then turns his head to the side to see you. You smile back at him and you share a quick kiss on the spot. Your hand stays on his thigh during the rest of the lunch, especially when you eagerly listen to the guys' conversation about cars. It's a common interest of Tony and Sebastian and it feels so good seeing them interact friendly and even bonding.

"I'll go bring the dessert" you say after seeing that everyone's done with lunch for a while now.

"I'll help you" Sebastian offers.

"It's okay, I've got this" Anne puts a hand on his shoulder and stands up instead.

As you're both on your feet and prepare the table, your eyes meet with Tony's. His eyes are clearly asking you whether you want him to join you inside for help or if you want some time alone with Anne.

"It's okay, thank you" you whisper in his ear and give him a kiss on the cheek.

He caresses your arm as you walk back inside and you and Anne now have some time to chat alone. Your uncontrollable smile says a lot about your mood.

"Everything's great" Anne reassures you.

"He's getting along with both of you" you smile widely.

"I've even started liking him more. He does indeed seem like he changed, I'm so happy for you" she smiles at you.

"He's just amazing" you blush.

"You deserve it after everything he's put you through" she hugs you.

"I know, I know. I'm so happy that I gave him a second chance" you exhale slowly, feeling relaxed.

"Me too" she's as happy as you.

You return back to the table outside and serve the desserts. Both are amazing and everyone comments on it.

"You really made this, Anne?" Rhodey asks her.

"Yes, it's one of my favourites" she replies about the cheesecake.

"Multitalented I see, congratulations" he compliments her.

"Thank you" she smiles warmly.

The guests stayed for a lot of time, everyone had a good time with each other and you all had a great time all the way till the end. When it was time for them to leave, you walked them to the door and said your goodbyes there with hugs and smiles. Once you were left alone in the house again, you turned to look at Tony.

"Thank you" you tell him.

"Don't thank me" he laughs.

"Are you happy?" he asks you.

"Yes, definitely. Are you?" you wrap your arms around his neck.

"Absolutely" he rests his forehead on yours.

You share a longer kiss than the couple of ones that you shared during the lunch and then proceed with cleaning up the yard and the table outside together.