Part 50 - Sorry

"What are you talking about?" you ask him, totally shocked.

"I know about you missing Matthew, no matter how you tried hiding it from me" his voice gets deeper.

"I didn't try hiding it from you" you take a step back and get defensive.

"Oh really? I don't recall you sharing with me that you miss your romantic ex" he clenches his jaw.

"I don't! Why do you think that?" your heart is rushing.

"Because you said it yourself. Don't try to deny this now" he's serious.

"I never said that I miss him, don't put words into my mouth" you say to him aggressively.

"Right, you only miss how romantic he was and wish I was like sweet perfect Matthew" he breathes intensely.

"That's not true! I love you for who you are and I want to be with you. I don't want you to be like Matthew" you shake your head desperately.

"You say that and then go around talking about your lovely ex" he hisses.

"I don't! I only talked to Anne about it" you sigh.

"That doesn't make things any better!" he shakes his head.

"It does, I-" you suddenly pause.

"What is it?" he asks.

"How do you know about all this? Anne couldn't have possibly told you" you ask.

"How do I know? Is that really what concerns you?" he chuckles.

"Yes, Tony, that really concerns me" you say seriously.

"People heard you when you were talking with Anne and told me" he explains.

"That cannot be true. No one heard us talking about this" you don't believe him.

"Apparently they did, because I ended up knowing about everything" he folds his arms.

"No, there's no way. I was at my office and no one from my company would ever tell you something like this. Tell me how you found out" you're in disbelief.

"It's-it's-it doesn't matter how I found out" he stutters.

"Of course it matters" you insist.

"Alice, that's not important. It doesn't change what you said about him" he gulps.

"No, it doesn't. But you're still not answering my question" you're getting impatient.

"Don't try to change the subject" he seems nervous.

"I'm not. You're just obviously lying to me" you say.

"This is ridiculous" he laughs.

"I agree. Tell me the truth, Tony" you gulp.

"Come on" he sighs deeply.

"If you don't tell me right now, I can assure you that what I'm imagining will do more damage" you warn him.

"Baby, I love you" he steps close to you and stretches his arms to touch you.

"You did it, didn't you?" your start to panic.

"Did what? Alice.." he looks you in the eyes and rests his forehead against yours.

"Tell me it's not what I think it is" you shake nervously.

"I don't know what you think happened, but please let's just calm down" he hugs you tightly.

"No. Not until you admit it" you gulp sharply.