"Stay safe alright?" You ask

"I will. You stay safe too." He says

"Always." You say

You get on the bus that will take you to the airport with the other soldiers headed home. There's a game in California that both Mal and Christen will be in. You worked with Jill to surprise them. Tobin is also in on It so shes going to have Mal come watch a movie with them. You plan to see the rest of your family tomorrow morning. Once you are on your flight you get comfortable knowing it's going to be a long day of flying.

You spend those hours watching different movies, reading, listening to music and you manage to get a few hours of sleep before your flight begins to land. You already had a rental car ready, since you needed to drive a few hours to where you need to be at.

You go through customs and then head down to your baggage claim. You grab your bag and head to the rental place to get your car before you begin the 2 ish hour drive to the hotel. You stop at Starbucks to grab a coffee and you end up deciding to wait until you're closer to the hotel before grabbing food, since you ate on the flight.

You stop at subway and get a sandwich and some chips and you head to the hotel. Since your bags were in the truck you decided to get them later. You grab your food and head up to the right floor and room number. Tobin was keeping you updated on what was going on.

Mals pov

Tobin brought up the good idea to watch a movie, since she knew Christen and I were worried about y/n.  Since she's on that mission she hasn't been able to check in with us. We're just hoping she's safe and everyone was able to be saved and brought home.

We just got settled when there was a knock on the door.

"Mal do you think you can get that?" Asks Tobin

"Babe it's our room, why would Mal answer It?" Asks Christen setting her phone down and getting up off the bed.

"I figured she was closer to It."  Says Tobin slightly shrugging, pulling up her phone and getting her video camera ready.

The pair both go to answer the door, probably thinking is Jill or one of the other coaching staff. But they open the door to see you standing there.

"Surprise!" You say

Christen being slightly ahead of Mal hugs you first. You hug her back tightly. After a few moments pass, Mal hugs you and you lift her off the ground and hug her tightly.  She kisses you and of course you kiss her back.

"Hello love" you say softly

"You're here!" She says

"I'm here." You say

"How? What about the mission?" Asks Christen

"The mission went as smoothly as It could have. We were able to get in and rescue those who were taken and we got out." You say as you walk in the room and close the door behind you and walk to the bed that Mal was laying on.

You give Tobin a quick hug before you sit down next to Mal, setting your sandwich on the nightstand.

"We're you able to rescue everyone?" Asks Tobin

"Only 4 survived but we got them all out and we managed to all stay alive. There was only one close call." You say

"Please tell me It wasn't you with the close call." says Christen

"Surprisingly It wasn't. It was my partner though. She went down and I had to pull her out of the gunfire. It was pretty scary. Thankfully the bullet proof vest stopped It. She does have a nasty bruise on her side and stomach though." You say

"I'm glad everyone got out an got to safety." Says Tobin

"Yeah me too." You say with a slight pause.

"What's wrong?" Asks Mal

"I just wish they got help sooner, those who died might have survived."  You say

"What happens in situations like that? Do you recover the bodies?" Asks Tobin

"If they can be retrieved I think they do. Barnes said another team was going to be sent out to get them so their family's can plan a proper burial." You say

"This was your last time going right?" Asks Mal

"I haven't fully decided, but I already told B that I wanted to focus on you and my family for a while.  Now that everything is over." You say

Mal just nods her head and leans into you. You wrap your arms around her.

"We're gonna watch a movie with us?" Asks Christen.

"Yeah sure, I should probably go grab my bag first if that's alright." You say

"I'll go with you." Says Christen

You and Christen head down to grab your bag. Once you guys get back up, you head to the bathroom to change before you climb in bed with Mal.  You end up sharing your sandwich and chips with her and spend the rest of the night watching the movie but you fall asleep soon after due to the jet lag.