"Hi." I reply. "Is dad home?" I ask.

"He already made his way to their house."

I nod my head. "Should we go?" I ask.

She grabs her purse and we leave. Aspen lets us inside her house and she smiles brightly at me. My dad and Daniel sat beside each other talking.

Aspen brings the food in at the same time as Creighton walks in, wearing grey sweatpants and a matching sweatshirt. He sits beside me and I don't look at him, but he did look good. I wouldn't ever tell him that of course.

We all sit around the table. "How's school?" Aspen asks me.

"It's okay." I whisper.

"And has Creighton been tutoring you?" my dad asks. So now he wants to talk to me.

I nod stiffly.

"How long left do you have of the school year?" Daniel asks.

"Six months." I reply.

"Then that's perfect." he says, turning to my dad.

"What's perfect?" I ask, raising my brow.

"We secured a really good business deal with someone but we need to form an alliance to make sure that nothing gets between it."

"What does that have to do with me?"

"We found someone for you to marry this summer."

The sound of a fork clattering onto a plate filled the room and I glance at Creighton, who was watching my Dad curiously. I tighten my grip on my fork.

"Why me?"

"You're my only daughter."

Ironic considering he disowned me the last time I saw him.

"And if she refuses?" Creighton asks.

"She won't." my dad says, staring at me. "Not if she knows what's good for her."

"I can't marry someone now." I whisper.

"You're turning 18 in July." my dad says as if that makes it all better. "It's legal."

"How old is he?" I ask.

"He goes to your school actually." Daniel cuts in. "His name is Ivan."

My pulse races and I could hear my heart pounding in my ears. Ivan. My blood runs cold as an eerie feeling washes over me.

"No." Creighton and I declare at the same time.

"She can't marry him." Creighton states.

"Dad please don't do this." I plead, my voice shaking.

"It's done. The wedding is July 19th."

I glance at my mum, pleading for her to defend me but she looks down at her plate.

My hands begin to tremble. I can't marry Ivan. Not if he has something to do with Iris's disappearance. Who's to say he didn't send those notes? If he did then I'm fucked.