Chapter 15: Foodie

Start from the beginning

"Mmm, wait for me." He then left the house after that.

Arya turned over slightly and looked outside of the large window, watching his figure disappear outside the entrance after a while...

Her apartment was not that far away from Maple Residence. It was about half an hour's journey if one drove quickly.

James got the keys from Xavier and opened the door to Arya's luxurious-looking yet cozy little house.

The whole place had a light golden theme and was decorated with a mishmash of furniture with Roman and modern elements, giving it an elegant character instead of just being a plain deluxe place. It added some warmth to the quiet space and was generally quite similar to the interior of Maple Residence.

A myriad of impressed thoughts passed through his mind as he walked in.

"Master, the study room is over here."

James opened the study room to see a tall shelf full of books and a clean table by the large window. With just a slight turn of one's head from the table, one would be able to look outside at the world.

Simple and neat, just like her style.

Xavier walked in and looked at the shelf of books. He grabbed one and flipped through it before putting it back.

He glanced at the table and saw several documents opened. They were documents on the South River project. She had made many detailed remarks and comments on the documents, highlighting how serious a worker she was.

He quickly kept all the documents and put all of them into the black briefcase.

As he was leaving the study room with the briefcase, he noticed a small photo frame on the table. Halting mid-step, he took a closer look at it.

It was her in the photo. With her waist-leg dark hair, she was leaning back slightly as she put the back of her hand on her forehead and looked up into the sky with squinting eyes. The portrait seemed peaceful as though she was truly enjoying herself outdoors.

Xavier smiled and took the photo after giving it some thought...

Her bedroom was right opposite her study room and it shared a similarly simple and neat style.

Her laptop was on the shelf by her bedside. James took the briefcase from Xavier who went in to take the laptop and the books she mentioned. Before he left, he opened the wardrobe and took several sets of outfits as well.

"Master, Missus' apartment is pretty similar to Maple Residence's style." James laughed after he took a good look at the whole place. He took the bag from Xavier.

"However, renovations like this give people a perception of the home."

"Since when did you study renovation and decoration?" Xavier asked as he narrowed his eyes at James.

James looked down and lightly covered his mouth sheepishly. After a short pause, he asked,

"Master, is there anything else we should take? Are these all?"

He glanced at the stuff he held doubtfully.

Xavier fell silent as he looked around and walked toward the kitchen. Then, he opened the fridge and noticed that it was rather empty inside. After closer inspection, he saw some tomatoes and eggs in the bottom tray, but there was nothing else, not even a bottle of juice.

He frowned slightly at what he saw. Turning around, he noticed the cooking utensils and how clean they were. She probably had not cooked for the past week.

He wondered how she survived.

A cold light flashed in Xavier's eyes. He closed the fridge after a while and walked out of the kitchen.