Chapter 8: I trust you Ms. Johns

Start from the beginning

He then walked past Arya and sat in his chair.

Arya laughed lightly and said, "No, it's just... I didn't expect you to be the same as me..."

"I take it that you're always bothered by such problems as well?" Xavier raised his eyebrows, his eyes brightening slightly.

Arya nodded in embarrassment. "Mia and my mother are very worried about me, so..."

"Mmm, I remember, like when we first met."

Arya smiled and raised up her scalded hand. "Yes, I'm really grateful for your help again and again. I have no idea how to repay you."

Help again and again?

Xavier laughed as his tone was accompanied by a sense of gentleness and rare humor.

"There are lots of ways to repay someone. One good example is to devote your heart to that person."

Arya was stunned. She felt awkward and did not know what to say.

Xavier quickly covered up the awkward situation as he looked at her and pointed at the documents she was holding.

"This was the proposal you've submitted before. I've looked through it and made some revisions. Take them as a reference and I'm sure it'll help you out on your workload."

Arya opened the documents and scanned through them. Indeed, several details had been revised and he had written the words personally. His writing seemed powerful and charismatic just like the man himself.

She was surprised and impressed. After a while, she looked at him calmly and said,

"I'll submit a thorough proposal to you a month later."

"You can let me know what you need. This project might be the main focus of next year, so we have to be meticulous in the initial phase of work."

"I got it. I think I might need to set up a team to conduct a detailed analysis research to come up with a targeted plan," said Arya after giving it some thought.

"I'll have Ruiz and Casey help you. As for setting up a team, it's up to you. The company will coordinate with your plans. Right, there are a few images here that might be useful to you."

Xavier then swiftly typed a bunch of words on his laptop. Then, he opened a folder with several design images inside.

Arya moved and stood beside him, focusing on the screen.

"This is the design for a project in France. It's going through a review at the moment, but it's similar to the project you're doing, so you can take it as a reference."

Going through a review?

Arya looked at Xavier in surprise. Suddenly, she had no idea what to say.

Without waiting for a reply, Xavier looked away from the screen and raised his head to see Arya looking at him.

He smiled as he suddenly thought of something. There was a short silence before he said, "Arya, I believe in you."

His words moved Arya deeply.

As a person so proud that she did not even bother to explain herself, it was so much like the previous version of her, which was what made him believe in her.

Arya's hand that was holding the document clenched slightly and her fingernails slowly turned white. Her eyes shifted with a distant light as she took a shallow breath and nodded after a while. Just as she was about to say something, there was a quick knock on the door.

They both looked at each other and then looked at the door together while Rick entered.

"Boss, Elder Madam is already here. She..."