Chapter 8: I trust you Ms. Johns

Start from the beginning

Arya stood up and left the office with the documents on her table.

The chairman's office was on the 58th floor, the top floor of the building.

When Arya arrived, she saw James come out of the room with a stack of documents in his hands. He greeted politely when he saw Arya,

"Ms. Johns!"

Arya nodded slightly and her fair face softened. She had a favourable impression of James as he had helped her on several occasions like when she burnt her hand.

"Hello, Assistant James!" She replied.

"Please go in first. However, you might need to wait for a while because Boss is talking to the Elder Madam!" James made a phone calling gesture with his hand.

"Mmm, I'll wait inside. You can go on with your work." Arya smiled as she looked at the stack of thick documents in his hands.

James patted the stack of documents and passed by her as he smiled.

Arya knocked on the door, but the door opened by itself after knocking. It was not locked.

She pushed the door and saw Xavier standing facing away from her while on a phone call.

Xavier turned around when he heard footsteps. He nodded lightly at Arya when he saw her enter before he pointed at the desk nearby.

"I know, you don't have to worry. I hope nothing similar happens in the future again."

Xavier spoke to Bella Knight with a slightly impatient tone. She was really desperate to find him a partner. Sometimes, it would be the granddaughter of an old comrade. Another time, it might be the daughter of some high-ranking official. He was really getting tired of her nagging these past few days.

"Xavier, I'm doing this for your own good. You said that you're busy working, so I've filtered the girls for you, and you can look through them and marry one that you like. Isn't it great to kill two birds with one stone? You get a wife; we get a granddaughter-in-law. Businessmen like win-win situations and this is a win-win deal. Your grandfather and I are really bored after retiring. If you don't get us something to do, of course, we'll bug you," Bella Knight said forcefully.

"I told you that you can go to France to relax with Grandfather. Nora's over there now on a holiday. She'll only come back after some time, so you guys can get her to accompany you." Xavier's indifferent tone came through the phone.

However, Bella Knight was starting to get impatient. How could she let this brat avoid this issue after so long?

"I don't care. I want my granddaughter-in-law. I want a great grandkid. Just you wait and see if I don't get them by next year. You're the same as your grandfather. You guys won't do it if I'm not forceful enough!"

Bella Knight's angry tone came through the phone, making Xavier frown.

"Grandmother..."

"I'm reaching the company soon. I'll talk to you later. You'd better watch out if you dare give me any more excuses again!"

Before Xavier could say anything, Bella Knight hung up.

The loud voice even reached Arya who was silently flipping through the documents at the moment. She never expected that Chairman Knight of Glory World Corporation would face such a situation at home as well.

However, Xavier and her had met through that silly game of blind dating too. Arya could not help but smile as she suddenly thought about how funny it was.

Xavier put his phone down. The moment he turned over, he saw Arya trying to hide her smile as she looked down at the documents.

He paused and then smiled. "You can laugh if you think it's funny. You don't have to hold it in."