Chapter 7: He's The New Chairman Mr. Knight?

Comincia dall'inizio

Screaming with exquisite craftsmanship, a delicate stem propped up the rose in full bloom. Underneath the dim streetlights, one could still vaguely see that golden rose had hints of a flirtatious crimson. Its magnificence made it hard for one to tear their eyes away.

"Wow!"

Indeed, once the gift made its appearance, the crowd instantly cried out in surprise. Gasps were heard and everyone's eyes widened as they stared at the box in Arya hand. Many women had already covered their mouths on the spot as shrieks and whistles rang out.

"Such generosity! I say that the people at the club are too biased towards you! Good thing it was snagged by another master like you. Otherwise, I definitely wouldn't concede defeat!"

On the side, a sweet and pure-looking girl smiled and said as she looked at Arya with envy,

"Miss, you're so lucky! This was meticulously planned and prepared by our club. This flower is called 'The Peak of Romance Under Speed' and it's a token to wish you both happiness!"

Arya was startled and she felt a little awkward. She looked up to Xavier, only to meet an unfathomable gaze. Just as her thin lips started to part and explain herself to the crowd, he suddenly tossed away the cigarette butt in his hand.

"Keep it. You drive. Let's go home."

With those simple words, he waved to the crowd and walked around the car to get into the front passenger seat.

Arya frowned when she saw that he had already gotten into the car while the crowd was still smiling and looking enviously at her. She inhaled slightly and put the gift box away. Gently pulling on the wide, black windbreaker on her, she returned to the vehicle and started the car.

The car started to drive steadily ahead again. The cold breeze continued to pour in from both sides of the car window and it was a little chilly. From the corner of her eye, she could see that he was gently covering his forehead with a hand and frowning as he lightly leaned back in the car seat.

After some thought, Arya closed the car windows and turned the temperature in the car up. In her calm voice were hints of concern.

"The wind is strong and might give one a slight headache."

Xavier calmly leaned back onto the seat and looked up gently. From the side, he quietly asked,

"How long have you not practiced?"

He could tell that she had probably been wild once. Her movements just seemed a little out of practice.

When she heard him, Arya paused. Her cold gaze greeted his knowing gaze and she fell silent for a while. Then, she suddenly laughed gently as if to mock herself.

"You could tell?"

After a short pause, a soft sigh floating into his ear along with the thin air.

"Three years. It's been three years. I don't have any special abilities. I just thought that racing was a very good way of venting my worries until... Later on, I suddenly felt like I've lost interest in everything. Then, I stopped going back. Indeed, there are some things that will slowly become unfamiliar after you've neglected it for too long..."

Xavier watched her silently, noticing that both her eyes were focused on staring ahead. Her slim body looked very frail and some undertones of loneliness and desolation were apparent on the fair and delicate side of her face. He stayed silent for a moment, then finally nodded gently. He tore his gaze away and slowly shut his eyes.

"Many people are used to stubbornly use other people's mistakes or the past to hurt themselves. However, this is actually a very stupid way to do things. Arya, do you think you are someone like that?"