Chapter 3: Arya, Don't Be Sad

Start from the beginning

Mia was furiously rambling on as both her hands held Arya's shoulders. She looked at Arya's fair and beautiful face before she asked anxiously and with worry,

"Tell me, Arya. Have you not let go? It's been so many years, but you haven't been willing to let go and try to accept another relationship. Is it because you haven't let go of Ethan? Is it? Tell me!"

Mia shook Arya by the shoulders and asked dejectedly.

Arya became dizzy from her shaking, so she could only lift a hand to hold down her hands that held her shoulders. Her crimson though slightly pale lips parted with a voice filled with fatigue and powerlessness.

"Mia, stop talking. Just let me be alone for a while, okay?"

"Is it that hard to answer this question? Arya!"

Mia fixed her stare on her.

Arya was stunned. She fell silent for a moment, then she suddenly put down her hand that was on Mia's arms. Turning over to Mia, she thought about it for quite a while before she finally said softly,

"He and I have long become the past..."

Have long become the past...

She already knew all of this from a long time ago. Her circumstances had already been marked with a full stop.

...

At Emperor Entertainment City, New York city's highest-class and the one and only consumption area.

This was where many money-squandering establishments of rich people were at. Most of them were people of status.

The White family was also considered a literary family. Mia's father was the President of University A, while her mother was the city center's educational administration director. They did hold some status in New York city, so Mia could be considered the daughter of an eminent family too.

Usually, Mia would frequent Emperor, not only because the dishes there were delicious, but even more so because of their one-stop service. She was also satisfied with the attendants' flawless customer service.

Every time Mia asked Arya out for a meal, 8 out of 10 times would be at Emperor, so as time went on, Arya was used to it too. She immediately decided on Emperor for the homecoming dinner for Mia.

After the food and drinks were served, Arya poured herself a drink and downed quite a few glasses at a go. She looked quite pale. From the side, the watching Mia felt heartache and sadness seeing this.

"Drink a few with me. Tonight, I'm welcoming you home. Aren't you going to drink a little?"

Arya frowned as she finished the drink in her glass. She turned to Mia who looked worried and said softly,

"Don't look at me with that look that says 'I told you I'm fine'."

Then, she reached out and was about to pour herself another drink, yet Mia beat her to it. She took the bottle and filled up her glass. Only then did she pour Arya half a glass. In a husky voice, she said,

"You want to drink, so I'll drink with you, but you have a poor stomach. Drink less. Half a glass for you, one glass for me."

Mia held up her glass and downed a few drinks.

There was a faint smile across Arya's face. She suddenly looked down at the half-glass of drink in front of her.

"Thank you, Mia."

With Mia, Arya would forever be grateful. Perhaps after so many years, it was only Mia who had accompanied her. When the winds were strong, she would remind her to put on more clothes. When the times got hard, she would be the first to appear then and there. To drink with you and chat with you...