Spider Socorro - Rain Confessions

Spider Socorro x reader

Tw : none

Genre : angst, fluff

word count : 995

POV : Third person

Spider always had his eyes on Kiri, something that didn't go unnoticed by Y/n

Spider always had his eyes on Kiri, something that didn't go unnoticed by Y/n. As the only other human in the clan, it wasn't easy. As Spider found his comfort in Kiri, Y/n found it in Neteyam. The boy had been by her side since she was a baby and had never looked at her like she didn't belong there.

"Y/n!" Neteyams voice got the girl out of her trance quickly.

"What did you say?"

The boy sighed. "Are you okay, darling?"

Y/n's eyes never left the duo infront of her as she nodded her head. Neteyams eyes followed hers. Kiri and Spider were happily playing in the water, giggling at each other.

Neteyam immediately understood what was going on.

"You're still not over him?"

Y/n sighed, with no point in hiding the truth, she shook her head and let it fall in Neteyam's lap. She looked up at him, tears slightly welling up in her eyes but she didn't let them fall.

"I really wish I didn't feel this way."

"Tiyàwn, I keep telling you, Kiri and Spider, they are like brother and sister. You are much more to him." Neteyam slowly stroked her braided hair and smiled.

"He doesn't even see me. It's like one day, he acts like he likes me and the next he only pays attention to Kiri." The oldest Sully boy felt bad, he knew how much she loved the boy, and he wished Spider would tell her how he truly felt. But that was not his decision to make.

Y/n lifted her head from Neteyam's lap and stood up.

"I'm going for a walk."

"Do you want company?" The boy said while pushing himself up from the ground.

"No, I just want to clear my head, thank you though." Y/n smiled and gave him a hug. He pulled her close and kissed the top of her he    ad.

"Be safe, little one."

And so she left him alone and went for a walk.

Making her way through the forest, Y/n took in a deep breath.

"I wish I didn't have to wear this stupid mask." The girl mumbled to herself.

"They suck, don't they." A voice said from behind her. Startled, she turned around but relaxed once she saw Spider behind her.

"Yeah, uhm, they do." She didn't dare to make eye contact, jealousy and sadness still flowing through her body.

The sky was slowly turning dark, indicating rain soon.

"Are you okay? I saw you leave, you looked pretty upset." Spider said as he catched up with her.

"I'm fine, just went for a walk." Y/n's pace quickened, not really wanting to talk.

Spider was confused, why was she avoiding him?

"I wanted to talk to you, Kiri and I -" That was enough for Y/n to stop listening. She hated herself for reacting this way. It was immature and stupid but she had been hurt too much by the situation to think straight.

"Y/n?" He gently took her wrist to stop her from walking away.

"What?" Her voice was raised but filled with sadness instead of anger.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Spider was worried, she never raised her voice, she hated yelling.

He took a step closer, their bodies almost touching.

"You should head back. I'm sure Kiri is waiting" Her voice laced with venom, spitting out the words like she hated him. But she didn't, and that was the problem. Small droplets fell from the sky, darkness taking over the beautiful sun that had started to set before.

"Great." Y/n mumbled as she walked away, leaving Spider confused.

"What the fuck is going on with you?" Spider yelled, frustrated by her actions.

"Are you fucking blind Spider, or do you just not want to see it." Y/n yells as her tears mix with the rain that falls onto her skin.

"Y/n, I don't understand." He yelled back.

"Of course you don't, all you see is her! But what about me? What about me." She started to sob. Tears falling repeatedly down her face, fogging up her mask slightly.

"Y/n/n..." The boy started to walk closer to her.

"I've been by your side since day one, I always stuck by you. Why can't you see me?" The y/h/c sobbed as the rain soaked them both.

"Y/n ,please." He begged.

"No Spider, I can't do this anymore. I love you so much it's killing me."

"Don't say that, please don't say that" He said while running to her and hugging her, wanting to kiss the top of her head but his mask prevented it.

"I love you." she sobbed out as she punched his chest, pushing him away.

"You never fucking see it, it's not fair, it's not fucking fair."

She yelled while slamming her fists against his chest, but not enough to hurt him.

"Hey, stop, calm down, it's okay."

He held her even tighter, making her punching stop as she gave in and hugged him back.

"I love you." She whispered.

"But you only pay attention to Kiri."

Spider's eyes had filled with tears, as he held her even closer than before.

"I'm so sorry for making you feel like this." The rain was getting heavier and more dangerous.

Spider gently pulled away and took Y/n's hands, leading her to the lab that wasn't too far from the duo. Both of them entered the lab, soaking wet from the rain. They both pulled off their masks, tears still making their way down the girls cheek.

Spider didn't waste a second to hold her again.

"I love you." He said, making Y/n look up at him.

"I love you and I'm so sorry for making you feel this way, you deserve so much. Kiri is like my sister, she has been with me since I was born. It's like you and Neteyam. Y/n, I love you." He emphasized the last word to make sure she would understand.

"Plus I think Kiri has a crush on Rotxo." He chuckled, making the girl smile too.

His hands slowly came up to her cheeks, wiping away any left over tears.

"I see you." He whispered, slowly bringing his head forward, making their foreheads touch.