Spider Socorro - Always an Outsider

Spider Socorro x reader

Tw :  none

Genre : bit of angst, mostly fluff

Word count : 733

POV : Third person

Living as a human in Pandora was special but not easy

Living as a human in Pandora was special but not easy. The mask was warm and often uncomfortable, the height difference was annoying and everyone looked at you differently. In the eyes of some Na'vi, humans would always be the enemy, but not to the Sully's. The Sully family had raised Spider as their own, making him one of them. Neteyam, Kiri, Lo'ak, Tuk and Spider were raised together as one big happy family. Y/n was found when she was around 5 years old. Another Omaticaya family raised her and soon she became best friends with the Sully's. A lot of their time was spent in the lab, it was much easier. No mask was needed, they could breathe freely. Spider and Y/n bonded quickly, seeing as they were both humans. Yet growing up with a family you were so different from, came with a lot of doubt, something Spider struggled with a lot. As much as he wanted to make himself believe he was one of them, deep down he knew he wasn't. He knew he was different and some of the clan still hated him, even Neytiri had doubts. Y/n felt the same way, she was raised in an Omaticaya family without any siblings but she never truly fitted in.

Spider removed his mask as he walked into the lab, tears silently falling from his eyes. He tried his best to stop them but they kept pouring out. Unable to control his pain he sank to the ground, pulling his knees up to his chest and started to cry, unaware of the girl at the other side of the lab.

"Spider?" She said softly, not wanting to scare or upset him more.

The boy looked up and quickly tried to hide his state as he wiped his cheeks.

"Y-Y/n. I-uhm." He tried to come up with a lie but he couldn't, instead he just started to cry again. Y/n quickly made her way over to the boy seated against the wall. She sat down next to him, slowly pulling him to her. Spider melted into her as he tried to calm down. Y/n's hands carefully wrapped around him, slowly stroking his back in a comforting manner while whispering sweet nothings.

"It's okay, you're okay. I'm right here."

The boy's heavy breathing had calmed down but he was still shaking. Not daring to push him, Y/n continued to comfort him instead of asking what was wrong.

Her hands moved from his back to his cheeks, carefully lifting it up.

Her thumbs quickly removed the tear stains and she smiled at him.

Spider's eyes were still on the ground, unable to look at his best friend, embarrassed about the state she saw him in. As if she read his thoughts she kissed his forehead and pulled him into another hug.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Y/n whispered slowly while stroking his hair.

Spider let out a deep sigh and nodded, slowly untangling him from the girl. He sat up making their knees touch.

"I'm never going to be one of them." Spider said barely above a whisper.

"Even my dad didn't want me, maybe I'm just stupid to think that they would ever see me as family." Y/n's eyebrows furrowed and a frown formed on her face.

"We are always going to be outsiders aren't we?" The boy said while looking into her eyes for the first time. Y/n didn't waste a second to grab his hand, intertwining their fingers.

"Yes, we are, but the Sully's, Spider, they are your real family."

"They love you so much." Y/n gently squeezed his hand.

"You are one of them. Kiri, Neteyam, Tuk, Lo'ak, Jake. They don't see anything but family in you. You are so loved, Spider" Spiders eyes never left the girls as a small smile tugged at his lips.

"I know how hard it is, but their love for you is something you should never doubt." Y/n whispered.

Unable to form any words, Spider lunged forward, pulling the girl into a hug. She hugged him back, placing a soft kiss on his cheek.

"Thank you." He whispered.

"I'll always be here for you." Y/n smiled and slowly stood up, offering her hand to the boy.

He instantly took it and stood up, slightly towering over the girl.

"Adventure awaits."