The Humble Knight

"Hmm? Is the Summoner still asleep?"

"Last time I check she was, yeah."

"Well that's odd. She's usually always up early."

"Maybe she's just tired."

"Probably yeah."

...

-I-I-I-I-

...

A wild grin swept across my face as I found myself in what seemed like a wooden hut and the peaceful noise of villagers going about their day.

Arising from a long slumber while stretching had never felt this liberating.

How long has it been since I last drew breath?

My awakening was greeted by an interesting sight.

Two little knights, one wearing a small robe while the other wore tiny armour.

The knight wearing the robe was scared and was hiding behind his older brother. The older knight in armour was brandishing a tiny sword at me, demanding who I was and what I had done with someone called "the summoner."

"Why hello there," I whispered. Amused by the sight, I playfully raised my hands in a surrendering manner.

The tiny knight continued threatening me with his sword.

"I'm friendly, I promise." I said truthfully, "Your Summoner is perfectly okay. I just wanted to visit for a bit, that's all."

The two small knights looked at each other with puzzled helmets.

The braver knight once again demanded who I was.

"Who am I? Ahh, that... that is a good question," I chuckled as I gave myself a bit of time to think about the answer, "I'm just... a humble knight. Yeah, let's just go with that for now."

I slowly knelt down and approached the two tiny knights.

"Nice to meet you two. What are you names?"

They cautiously backed away from me which was understandable.

The one who wore armour was named Alfred and the one wearing the robe was Cleric.

"Alfred and Cleric..." I repeated, "Is your summoner treating you well?"

They both nodded eagerly.

I smiled as that genuinely warmed my heart, "That's good."

I then tried to pet one of them on the head but Alfred poked my finger with his sword out of reflex.

I laughed, "No need to worry, your summoner will be back by tomorrow."

...

-I-I-I-I-

...

I gracefully exited the hut, smelled the clean air, and admired the sun. After taking a huge breath, I shouted to the entire village, "GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!"

Anyone who was nearby almost jumped up in shocked at the sudden noise of my very, feminine voice.

"Oh, m-morning Summoner..." One of them greeted me with a confused wave.

I observed the people around me. It was a fascinating sight. This village was filed with people who looked exactly the same. They were like clones. How peculiar. I had never seen a village like this before.