Chapter 10: Nightmares & Confessions

Sky POV
I fell asleep on Alex's shoulder...

Alarms screeched and instructions were shouted as I ran from the lab. The scientists were running wild trying to salvage their experiments and search teams were out looking for us 'test subjects' to eliminate. Their whole operation was to save us in case of a zombie apocalypse but now they were doing the opposite. This was caused by the latest chain of events. They had decided to kill us and let the apocalypse happen. After a few decades they would kill all the infected and keep the survivors (if the zombies didn't take over first). They would call this the new race. The new race of people who can handle themselves and survive.
I kept running through the lab. Leaping over drug trolleys and smashing containment cores.
I had made it out of the containment facility of the lab and was outside now. I could see the full scale of the explosion. The whole city was in shut down. There were explosions everywhere and the bio-chemical lab which wasn't too far away was engulfed in flames and a sickly green mist. There were zombies running out in every direction and holes which used to be grave were empty. I could see the others trying to escape. We had promised to mee in America. But i doubted that any of us could get that far without help. I ran towards a long line of people. Trying to fight through the crowd of people trying to get out of the city. There was a quarantine zone where army personells were scanning everyone to check if they were infected. There was another line of people who were suspected infected. Some of these people were a sickly green or absurdly pale. Some were crying blood tears claiming they went infected. This was the chemicals taking the form of a brain virus. The army were killing all the people in that line, but I knew it was a hoax. Just for the people to believe in the government and then to get themselves killed. As I ran I saw numerous news teams a d journalists filming and reporting on everything they saw. This was crazy. We are at the dawn of a zombie apocalypse and people are filming the bio-chemical lab, taking pictures of the infected. Even worse people were coming to the place of disaster. This was absurd. I ran further and further away. I passed many police cars with wailing sirens. Infected took over buildings and skyscrapers and helicopters roared overhead. Construction teams were knocking over buildings and and pulling huge draped over prized statues and attractions. The whole city was going crazy! I ran and ran, passing many people who were asking for help. The crowds were getting too big so I went to the roofs. I pulled my hood over my head and jumped roofs and skylights. Then I saw this boy. He was about my age and looked to be in trouble. He was backing away from a dozen zombies and started throwing wood planks from the barrier behind him which had no effect. I jumped down from the roofs grabbed his hand and started dragging him. Away from the zombies then I turned around to look at his face then a knife came in contact with my hand making me scream and pull away. He snarled and grabbed me by the hair and his hands closed around my throat,and then...

I woke up sweating and panting. I looked around in my fear. I guess I woke Alex up as well because he looked at me strange and then knowingly as I looked around frantically. Strong hands closed around my waist as Alex pulled me back. I tried to break free but he was too strong. He rested his head on my shoulder from behind me as I stared at the ground. We sat like this for a long time. Me in my frightened state and Alex holding me in his arms. I turned to face him and he looked into my eyes. His emerald green eyes seemed to pull me into a trance and he pulled me closer. He kissed my cheek I smiled at him and pulled him into an ever deeper hug. When we broke of I sat on the ground close to him and he put his arm around me.
"Well, I guess this confirms it." He said.
"Yeah." I said looking into his eyes and pulling myself closer to him.