Chapter 6: Fruits and Fish

Alex POV

As I embraced her in a hug I admired her slim figure. Her hugging me made me feel relaxed and clam and forget about this zombie thing for a while. As she pulled away she smiled and then frowned.

"What's wrong?" I asked, curious.

"I'm hungry." She replied.

Just then I realised that I hadn't eaten properly since we first found the mall. That would put it as two weeks that we hadn't eaten a proper meal. We had eaten what we'd found and what was in our bags but never a proper meal. We had both lost a lot of weight so we weren't as strong as before.

"You know what. I'm hungry as well. Let's go look for some food. I'll go fishing and you can go look for fruits and stuff. Bring as much as can fit in your bag and meet back here when you hear a loud shout."

"And that'll be our signal." She replied

"Yeah"

"Okay cool I'll go get the fruit." She said happily.

I guessed she was feeling like me. Worried about the future but then relaxed by having some closure about the situation. She picked up her cyan Nike bag and went deep into the woodlands. As I picked up my bag I heard something rustle in the bushes. Curious I snuck towards the sound. Then much to my admiration a deer was there. Eating the plants. I went to unzip my bag but I tripped and fell over a log in the process. This startled the deer and it ran away. 'Great. We could have had meat, but no I had to fuck up again.' I found the fishing grounds, took off my shirt and lay next to my bag. I opened my bad and took out the spear I had 'borrowed' from a Viking clothing shop whilst we were in the mall. I dived in. It was cold but refreshing. I dived to the bottom of the water and speared some fish.

By the time I got out I gave a loud shout to signal Sky to join me. I had caught 11 fish in total about enough food for a week. M y shirt was wet from the splash I had made entering the water so I put it into my bag and went back to the camp.

Sky POV

I heard a loud shout. It was Alex, probably, singling for me to come back to camp. I had managed to get about 10 apples, a whole bush full of blue berries, some strawberries and some pears. When I got back to camp Alex was sitting there cooking two fish on the fire he had lit. His shirt was off. He was toned but not juristically. I liked that. Again he caught be staring at him.

"You're staring at me again." Alex joked.

"Yeah... I'm sorry can you please put your shirt on?"

"Distracting I guess?" Alex asked creasing up in laughter as he left his shirt on the floor. He finished cooking the fish as I opened my bag to show him all the fruit I had collected. He smiled at me. And then took some and shoved it into his mouth. I did the same and then continued onto my fish. It was just me and Alex. Sitting here in the middle of the forest. We had enough food for about a week and we had some weapons. We would have to move soon, we had to survive the zombies.