25

3 days later...

-

My eyes slowly open, but I immediately squint it shut when the sun's rays shines on my face. I'm laying down, and it takes a while before I can actually remember what happened. That's when my mind travels down to my chest, and a small but ignorable pain throbs from my wound. I figure we'd be at the Butterfly Mansion, Kanao, might have been the one taking care of me. How long have I been out anyways? My head pounds a painful warning, and I stop my racing mind.

I reopen my eyes once again, slightly squinting from the bright sunshine. I awkwardly observe my surroundings, but it's pretty hard to do even that when you can barely move your neck. My whole body feels stiff and weak, the wound just being an additional nuisance. I'm about to confirm that I'm alone in this room, when my eyes fall on the bed next to mine, and I see Douma.

My heart instinctively fastens up, and I can literally hear it in my ears. I'm not sure if my breath had hitched or if my heartbeats were really that loud, but Douma's eyes wavered open, and our eyes locked for a moment before he closed them again.

"You're awake." he hums, reminding me of how I had woken in his temple.

"How long have I been out for?" I ask.

"Three days." he mumbles, but something was a bit off about his tone.

Should I ask? I thought to myself. No, that would mean I care for him. I can't go back to square one again with Douma. I push away my uncertainty.

"...Are you mad?..." I ask a bit timidly.

His eyes open again, and I'm almost hypnotized by it's rainbow hues.

"What if I am?" he asks softly, but I sense a harsh sharpness behind his melodic voice, which sets me off a little.

He must probably be mad at me for betraying him? Does he know that Giyu and I kissed? My stomach tightened with uneasiness, from the thought of losing Douma. His posture stiffens before he sits up raking his fingers through his hair.

"You kissed Giyu?" he spits, losing his soft demeanor, huh?!

It quickly dawns on me that Douma had read my mind. Shit, shit shit. I internally panic thinking of a reasonable excuse, but my brain doesn't seem to cooperate with the idea.

"I'm sorry." I find myself saying guiltily.

"You disappear, and when I do find you, you have already started going at it with another man." he scoffs in disbelief.

I've never quite seen Douma, expressing his emotions like this.

"Tell me, you've already fucked him too, isn't that right?" he raises his voice a little.

"What? No! I did-" I'm cut off by the sharp pain I feel when I try to sit up too.

He looks at me worriedly but stays in place, before heaving out a sigh.

"Shinobu, does it really-" he starts but then stops, when the door creaks open and Kanao's head pops in.

Her eyes widen in surprise when she sees me awake, and she rushes over to my side.

"Thank god you're awake!" she smiles, her eyes getting watery and I smile back.

"Thank god you knew how to take care of me." I grin, my wound doing me dirty by sending a sharp pain through my chest, making me hiss in pain.

"Shinobu, you really need to rest, you've been in a coma for like three days.", she rolls her eyes, looking at Douma warily.

"Yeah, sorry." I say smugly.

"Well, I'll go tell the others." she sighed, before shooting a glare at Douma, "And don't do anything stupid.".

I let out a small laugh at Kanao's coldness towards him, and he just hums a bored response. She huffs before sharply turning round slamming the door as she left. The silence falls back, and an awkward atmosphere resurfaces. I look at Douma, clearing my throat.

"Uhm, so you were saying?" I ask, trying not to make the situation more uneasy than it already was.

He looks at me, his eyes pierces into mine, making me a bit uncomfortable. A look of sadness fills his eyes for a moment, before it quickly disappears.

"Is it hard for you?" his brows furrow, "I mean being together with me." his voice lowers slightly.

His question takes me aback, and his voice rings in my head. I'm not sure what to say, and I find myself fiddling with my fingers, which sets me off a little, because it wasn't something I'd do.  His eyes search mine, desperately waiting for an answer.

"I don't know... No?" the answer seems in plain sight, it was yes, he really was, but I couldn't just say it to him like that.

His fists squeeze the sheets of his bed, and I know he must have read my mid. My eyes automatically drift away from his, as I clear my throat. A silence follows, and it's one I don't like the feel of.

"I get it, it's okay." he suddenly clears his throat, and a stinging anger hid behind his velvety voice.

My immediate reaction was to try and explain, but I pushed that aside quickly, and instead I tried to fend for myself.

"Hey! Stop acting like we're actually together!" I scoffed, gritting my teeth, anger getting in the way of my desperation.

He frowns taken aback but instantly cools down again.

"Right, that's true." he spits.

"And for the record, I've never said I loved you!" I raise my voice trying to make my point.

"Yes, but for the record, you've thought it many times." he says calmly, losing his emotionless expression and his lips carved a smirk.

"Stop it! I'm serious, don't bring us up again." I strain my voice, this stupid man could never take anything seriously, wasn't he angry just a moment ago?

"Whatever you say." he sighed, "Shinobu-chan, my darling." he added conveniently with a smug smile, earning him a sharp glare.

"Shut up, remember you're stuck with Demon Slayers, not your now deceased Upper Moon people." I say as bluntly as I could, but all he did was laugh.

"Oh Shinobu, you do love me so much." he sings, laying back down on his bed very much satisfied with how this conversation went.

I'm about to bombard him with other sharp and hurtful comments when the door swings open and the first person I see is Sanemi, then Giyu, my heart skips a beat when I see the depressed Hashira but I brush it away. From the corner of my eye Douma's face was no longer calm but he maintained a very levelled harsh stare at Giyu, who seemed oblivious of it, or he just couldn't care much about it.

-

A/N

YOU GUYS IM SO SO SO SOS SO SOS O SORRY!!!! But i hope u liked this chapter!! But i'll b taking longer to update every chapter each time, so pls b patient enough for me! TYSM <3

Tysm for Reading DouShino! <33