A Normal Day.. Right?

Ayyyy! Another chapter, enjoy this absolutely made up along the way piece of crap!

<Sonic's POV>
It had been quite a few years since my so-called 'Mother' abandoned me at the cave which I've expanded with the help of a handful of logs, and made a bit cozier using other materials in the forest. I've learned to survive on my own and became friends with a few animals through out that time even if it did take some time to do so. One of those animals happened to be that cougar that had attacked me on the first day I was abandoned here. I'm also now friends with a young fox that goes by Tails. I was picking some fruit from a tree when I heard Tails call my name from the base of it. I looked down and saw him waving for me to climb down so I put the fruits in the basket I was holding and slid down a vine to him.

"What's up bud?" I glanced at him before I started walking the distance back to my cave knowing he was following by the sound of his small footsteps.

"I'd prefer to wait a little bit before telling you, but on that note how have you been since the last time I came out here?" He asked me as we both made it back to the cave which had more of a welcoming feeling now that I had decorated it a bit. There were logs outlining the outside making an arch with leaves hanging from the top making for a make-shift door. I moved them aside to reveal the inside that was prettier now that I had added flowers and the vines I could manage to pull from trees were hung about on the walls. I walked to the corner where there were a few baskets and set down the one I was holding while finding the right way to respond to Tails.

"I've been as fine as usual. The cougar has stopped by a few times plus I've been finding enough fruit to keep me stable, and exceeding. What about you?" Was the response I decided on while I picked up a few pieces of wood that were strewn across the room of the cave that wws blocked off from the rest of the cave using the same leaves that were at the entrance.

"Well that's good.. I've been holding up well, I've had my other friends helping me out when I need help so that I don't pester you too much." I stopped what I was doing at the word 'pester'. He noticed.

"Oh! I don't mean it in a bad way, I'd just prefer not to have to walk so far so often, I mean if I ran out here everytime something happened to me I swear I'd never need to go to a gym again." He laughed at his own comment as I only chuckled going back to cleaning up the floor with a wave of relief at his explanation.

"Don't use the word pester, you never bother me to have to use that word to describe it." I thought before adding something,

"Please." I added along so that I hadn't seemed to demanding about it. Being demanding was the opposite of what I wanted, I didn't want to be like them.

"Okay okay, I won't! Heh, I didn't mean to make it sound that way sorry." He said in his slightly guilty but mostly amused tone.

"It's fine." I had picked everything up at this point and walked to another room dropping it on a pile of other pieces of small wood or leaves that I usually start a fire with when I have enough and it gets too cold so I don't freeze to death. Tails followed me into the room that didn't lead to any other room except the one we both had come in from.

"So about what I was saying I needed to tell you.." The small fox began only to quietly trail off into what I could only assume was either deep thought or just him debating on telling me what he had been planning to tell me this entire time that he was here. If he was here than it was probably something important.

"I think some people know that something that's not an animal, aka you, is living out here which could mean trouble if they come looking for you and decide that you might be a threat or want you to either become a citizen or make sure you pay since you're technically living on city property.." He finally told me what had been bothering him this whole time. I only chuckled at what the problem which made him look up at me in confusion.

"How is this funny?! They could ruin everything! I-" I covered the young fox's mouth before he could stress himself by going on about it and crouched down in front of him. He kept looking at me.

"It'll be fine little bro, I can handle some lousy people, just tell me if they do come looking for me. Kay?" I uncovered his mouth when he nodded, and used that hand to ruffle the tuft of fur on his head, he laughed when it got all messed up and I grinned at him. I stood up and walked out of the room just to watch him run out of my 'house' if you could call it that. I instantly went back to what I had been doing before until I heard a scream. A child's scream. I froze.

"TAILS!!" I yelled in terror as I ran outside as fast as I could toward where I heard him scream from.

What happened to Tails 🤔? You'll get to know next chapter! I do hope you enjoyed the ups and downs of wtaf just happened, goodday, goodafternoon, or sweet dreams! (Go to sleep if you're up late 😃🪓)