Chapter 2: Axel Town

Last time on Konosuba x Male Reader

Satou Kazuma and L/N Y/N both died on the same day yet for different reasons. They met the goddess Aqua in the afterlife which gave them the option of an another world after they died. Y/N chose to go to another world, leaving Kazuma and Aqua alone, what could go wrong?

THIRD PERSON POV

After Y/N left, Kazuma and Aqua are the only people remaining in the afterlife chamber.

"Hey, hurry up. It doesn't matter which one you choose, nobody's expecting much of a hikikomori gaming otaku. Can you just pick one and be on your way? Anything will do. Hurry up, hurry up!" Aqua told Kazuma

"I-I'm not an otaku! And I died outside, so I'm not a hikikomori!" he retorted

"It doesn't matter. Just hurry up and choose. There are still many dead souls waiting in line!" 

"Okay, I choose you!"

"Ah, okay, please stand there and don't move out of the magic circle...What'd you just say?!" Aqua said, but she realized what Kazuma said when an angel appeared in a white light.

"I understand. Well then, I'll take over Aqua-sama's job from now on."

"Huh, what's happening? Eh, you can't be serious! No! No...! Hold on! This is too weird! Isn't it cheating to bring a goddess along? This shouldn't count! Wait! Wait, okay?" Aqua panicked with tears in her eyes, and then a bright light surrounded them.

Y/N's POV 

"Kazuma-san takes a long time to choose, I hope he won't do something idio-" Suddenly, a wailing Aqua-san and a smug Kazuma-san appeared next to me.

"-tic" as soon as I finished my sentence, it's too late, he already did it! 

"Y/N-kun, help me! Kazuma brought me as his weapon! I don't want to fight the demon king!" the crying goddess told me

"Don't worry, Aqua-sama, I'll handle him," I told her

"Hey Kazuma-san, you read fantasy mangas, right?"

"Yes, why?" he cluelessly asked back

"Then don't you know that deities cannot interfere directly to the mortal realm?" 

"What?!!" he exclaimed

"You brought a goddess from the afterlife to the mortal realm, which is supposed to be impossible, " I explained

"I didn't know that, I'm sorry," Kazuma-san said to Aqua-san

"Anyway, this is the otherworld. First, let's find the guild and register as adventurers for now," I told them before I decided to asked someone.

"Excuse me, my name is Y/N, we're looking for the adventurers guild. We just arrived today after a long journey. Can you please give us the directions?" I politely asked with a gentle smile while my companions are doing their usual shenanigans.

"Ara-ara, what a wonderful polite young man! Welcome to the town of novice adventurers, Axel. Follow the main road and turn right, you’ll then see the signboard for the guild."

"Thank you, ma'am, we'll be on our way," I said as I broke up the crazy antics of my new friends.

"Wait a minute, young man! The registration for being an adventurer is 1,000 eris per people. Do you have enough money with you?" the lady asked

"1,000 Eris!" Kazuma-san exclaimed in disbelief

"Based on his reaction, you didn't bring money with you, or if you did, then it's not enough."