Chapter 34: The spiritual stone

Start from the beginning

As Sian was about to take the spiritual stone, I spoke, "If there is still imbalance, then let us first create the perfect balance."

"How?" King Wang asked.

"By having a proper hierarchy in the harem. The queen is the ruler of the harem....below her comes the chief noble consort...." I looked at the woman who protested against me...if I don't save her now, Sian will have her killed, "You...come here...what is your name?" I asked and the lady came forward and bowed.

"I am Yeji!" She said.

"Well...as the queen, I appoint you as the chief noble consort!" I said as her eyes widened.

"That's an incredible idea...I appreciate your efforts, Queen So!" King Wang smiled, "His Majesty remains busy with many things and I feel like you will be able to protect it better considering you are equally intelligent as His Majesty. Hence, Your Majesty, I am presenting this stone to you...."

I smiled and took the stone, "I promise that I will take good care of it and won't let it fall into bad hands!" I looked at Sian who glared at me.

King Wang smiled and returned to the crowd.

"My king, everyone is waiting to celebrate the coronation!" Eunsang whispered.

"Begin the celebrations!" Sian said as he kept glaring at me.

As soon as the singers started singing and the dancers started dancing, Sian leaned towards me and said, "Hand me to stone right now!"

"I refuse!" I said.

He clenched his jaw and said, "Do not test my patience! Hand that to me!"

I looked at him and smiled, "If I hand this to you...you will kill me. Do you think I am a fool? Do you think I don't know that you planned to use me to gain this stone and after that, you planned to kill me?! I know how desperate you are for this stone...but this is now the shield to protect my life."

Sian narrowed his eyes at me and said, "I will deal with you later!" He grabbed a glass of wine from the table and started drinking.

After a few minutes, I felt bored and tired because I had a long day so I decided to go and rest while the celebrations were still going on and Sian was still drinking.

I quietly left the hall and asked one of the guards outside to guide me to the queen's palace. The guard took me to the West wing of the palace where along with Iseul, Wook, and Seojun, I was welcomed by other attendants. The palace was grand and beautiful...it looked like an extravagant gorgeous jail to me.

"Welcome to your palace, your majesty!" Everyone knelt and bowed.

"You all shall rise!" I said 

"Twenty maids have been appointed to serve you!" Iseul informed.

"You all should serve me under the instructions of Madam Iseul," I said and they all bowed.

I looked at the two eunuchs and two soldiers and said, "The eunuchs shall work under Sir Seojun and the guards should listen to Sir Wook!"

"Yes, your majesty!" They all bowed.

"You all are dismissed for now!" I said and all of them bowed and left except Iseul, Wook, and Seojun.

I smiled at Iseul as she guided me to the bedroom, "This is so huge that I feel lost."

Iseul sighed, "It is not because this room is huge...it is because you have murdered yourself today and buried your heart."

"But at least we can make you feel at home..." Seojun said and pulled out a carnation bouquet...it had dried up a bit.

I took the bouquet as tears rolled down from my eyes, "It's the bouquet that Jeongguk gave me before going to the battlefield!"

Seojun, "Yes, your majesty."

"When did you bring that?" Wook asked.

"I just took it before leaving the village...thought milady might need it!" Seojun shrugged.

"In that case, here is the letter that the 5 eldest knights wrote to you before leaving!" Wook gave me their last letter.

"Thank you, everyone!" I took the letter and put the flowers in a vase and watered them, "You all should go and rest...it has been a long day for you all."

The three of them wished me goodnight and then left.

I opened the letter and read each of their words once again with teary eyes, "I am sorry....my knights!" I hugged the letter and cried.

Just then I heard a loud noise and flinched, "Huh?! What was that?" I wiped my tears and went towards the door to check when the door swung open and revealed Sian.

He was clearly drunk and was unable to even stand properly, "GIVE ME THE SPIRITUAL STONE RIGHT NOW!" He yelled.

"I refuse!"

"HOW DARE YOU REFUSE THE ORDERS OF THE KING?!" He smashed the wine bottle on the floor that he was holding.

"Give me that stone!" He came near me as I stepped backwards.

"Do not come near me!" I warned.

"You give me what I want and I won't come near you!" He said and I shook my head no.

Enraged he started to smash random things on the floor that he could find in front of his hands.

"Ahhh!" I closed my ears with my hands because I couldn't tolerate the loud noises of things breaking.

Sian rushed towards me and I ran out of the room taking the spiritual stone with me. No matter what, I can't let him have this stone else the whole world will be in danger.

"COME BACK HERE!" He threw a hairpin at me that made a shallow cut just underneath my right eye as I turned to look at him.

I couldn't understand where to go to protect the stone...Sian looked like he was possessed by the devil.

______________________________________________________________________________