EPISODE 05 HER BLESSINGS

In the course of some few days of Nivid's stay in Veerapalli, Prabhupada invites him to his house for dinner. He does not notice that it is the same house that he went to that day.

Prabhupada : Let's start our dinner Sir Nivid, shall we?

Dhani's mother serves the food. Dhani helps her mother in serving the dishes. Nivid's eyes catch Dhani's presence.

Nivid : She is the same maiden from that day

Prabhupada : Oh! This is my daughter Dhani, Sir Nivid, who did penance for 12 years in the Shiva Temple. Dhani, dear, this is His Highness Aatreya's companion.

Dhani : Oh! Greetings Sir. We met that day.

Nivid : Her name is Dhani, not Chandi. I knew it. So, this is His Highness' choice. What a coincidence. I am so happy for Bali. I will tell His Highness to get her married to Bali.

Nivid : What a nice name, Dhani. Its meaning is prosperity, right?

Vani : (who is sitting behind them and listening to their conversation) Chandi is also an elegant name, Sir. And its meaning is destructor of evil. My heartfelt greetings to you, Sir.

Nivid is shocked to see Vani here.

Prabhupada : This is my second daughter, Vani.

Nivid : (forces a laugh) Hahaha. Maiden you always make an amazing introduction.

Vani : Haha. Yes. (Glares) I don't like an inch of this man. Hum.

Prabhupada : Oh! They told me that they have met you before.

As the conversation proceeds, Nivid asks about Dhani more. The mood is happy and everyone is having a good time except for Vani, who is suspicious of Nivid. Dhani tells him about her boons. As she counts her boons, Nivid is shocked to learn that she has received this many blessings from the Lord.

The dinner ends. Nivid bids farewell to them.

Nivid : Is what they said true? Or are they making things up just so their daughter can get a better family? I need to check further. I am going to Nilgiri Hills tomorrow.

Next morning, Nivid leaves for Nilgiri Hills.

Surender : Prabhupada, my nephew Kichak is coming to Ambipur in two days. I am going to meet him there. Accompany me there, will you?

Prabhupada : Eagerly Chief.

Veerapalli is a village under the jurisdiction of The Kingdom of Hasta. Hasta and Mitramani are allied Kingdoms with free flow of trade. Keechak is the Army Chief of Hasta.

Prabhupada : I am going to Ambipur tomorrow with Chief. I will return in three days.

Mala : Suddenly?

Prabhupada : (murmurs in her ear). I am going to see a prospective groom for Dhani. Hehe.

Mala smiles. Vani comes into the room.

Vani : Pa, are you going to Ambipur? I also want to go.

Both of them show a poker face.

Mala : No, you can't go there. Your pa is going for work not for a vacation.

Vani : I know. But, I want to go. You know Ambipur is known for its rainforests and beautiful sceneries. Its been a while now, I have not gone anywhere outside this village. And as you know, I like going to different places. And my friend Bela also lives there. It's been so long, we have not met since she moved to Ambipur. It would be so much fun meeting her again. You know her mother makes the best laddoo in the whole world. I want to taste it again. Haaaaa. My mouth is watering just at the thought of those laddoos. I want to go. Father, please take me with you. The jewelleries of Ambipur are also one of their kind. I want to buy them too. And I will also bring some flowering plants from the rainforest. And I also came to hear that the.....

Prabhupada : Stop it. Stop it. (Breaths out). Once she starts talking, just keeps on talking and talking. You don't have a break, do you?

Mala : Take her with you. I don't want to listen to her crying for three days continuously.

Prabhupada : All right. Prepare to leave tomorrow.

Vani : (happily) Can we take sis with us too?

Mala and Prabhupada look at each other.

Mala : No. She has just come here. Let her relax.

Vani : (in a sad tone) But mother, she has not seen other places so much. Isn't is good that she travels a little and enjoys herself. Soon, she will get married and leave us and after marriage, after kids, which woman gets time to fulfil her wishes.

Prabhupada and Mal : (emotionally looks at each other) Okay.

Vani : (Happily) Okay.

Mala : I will go too.

The next day...

Surender : Prabhupada, although it is something that concerns your family but still mostly it is a work related expedition. Why are you taking your whole family?

Prabhupada : (feels a little shameful) Chief, they wanted to see Ambipur. That's why.

Surender : Well anyway. Prepare wagons.

They reach Ambipur and reside in the ashram that night

They reach Ambipur and reside in the ashram that night. Keechak also arrives at the Ashram. Surender and Prabhupada meet Keechak. Keechak is a tall built, muscular man, who looks like a good wrestler. Prabhupada likes Keechak after talking to him. Vani is wandering in the ashram looking at the beautiful night sky while her sister is reading a book in the ashram room. She happens to cross beside the room in which her father is sitting. She takes a peek. The conversation attracts her interest.

Vani : Ohho! So that's the reason. Hehehe. They think they can keep any secrets from me. Hahaha. Is this the prospective groom?

She goes back to her room where Dhani is sitting. She smiles mischievously looking at Dhani.

Dhani : What has happened? Your lip corners are touching your ears.

Vani : Keechaaak. Hahaha

Dhani : Keechaad? What? You mean mud? Where?

Vani : Keechak not Keechad. (Takes deep breath and embraces Dhani) My Dear Sister. Let's go to the forest tomorrow morning.

Dhani : Forest?

Vani : Forest? Did you hear forest? I said temple. Let's go to the temple tomorrow morning.

Dhani : shocked. Temple? You?

Vani : Yah. Coz I heard that Keechak will go to the forest tomorrow morning for hunting. I will make sure that you meet him there before your marriage. Ahahaha. That's my evil plan.