EPISODE 04 A LONGING HAS BEEN MET

As they are walking towards the temple chamber, Dhani comes out of the temple. Dhani looks at Aatreya and starts feeling the same way as before. Aatreya looks at her and stops there.

 Aatreya looks at her and stops there

Prabhupada : Oh! You are here. Where is Vani?

Dhani : She did not come with me today, father.

Prabhupada : Okay.

Surender : Prabhupada is she your daughter Dhani?

Prabhupada : Yes chief. Your Highness, this is my daughter Dhani. She has spent 12 years of her life in doing penance and worshipping the Lord. She has received many blessings from the Lord......(boast..boast). It is so hard to be a father of such a graceful daughter. (boast..boast)....... I am searching for a man worthy of her grace, beauty and devotion. If you happen to know someone to be worthy of her please let me know.

Dhani : Please stop it father.

Dhani forces a smile and greets them.

Surender : Your daughter is very beautiful Prabhupada. I am sure you will find a good husband for her.

Aatreya : (Looking at her). Indeed, the young maidan is beautiful. May you find a good hus....?

The Puja thaal fell from Dhani's hands.

"His voice, oh my Lord. It's so sweet." Dhani thinks.
He looks at her for a second, looks around then bends down to pick up the thaal from the ground. She also snaps out and bends down to pick up the thaal.

Dhani : I am sorry Your Highness! It slipped off my hand.

Aatreya : It's okay, maidan.

As they pick up the thaal their hands touch each other's. They look at each other. Aatreya feels a sense of completeness in his heart, as if a long awaited longing has been met, a search has been completed. He looks at her curiously.

Prabhupada : Dhani, be careful daughter.

Dhani : Yes, father. I may take my leave now. (Bows to them)

Dhani leaves the temple.

Surender : If my son had been a little big I would have asked your daughter for him. Haha. But don't worry I know someone who is worthy of your daughter. My cousin Chandek's son Kichak. He is the Army Chief of Hasta.

Prabhupada : (Happily) Sure Chief. If you think of someone this highly then he must be a man of matter. If you don't have any problem, please consider this marriage alliance.

Surender : Of course. Haha. Well, Chief Aatreya about our........ What do you think?

Aatreya is not paying attention to their conversation. His mind is contemplating on what just happened between him and Dhani. Why did he feel that way, that happiness, that completeness. "Is she the one?" He asked his heart.

Surender : Chief Aatreya?

Aatreya : Ah! Yes. What were we talking about?

After some hours, Aatreya and Bali are ready to leave Veerapalli. Bali is looking towards the temple for his Chandi.

Bali : She came to the temple yesterday at this time. She may come here again today.

Little does he know that Dhani already had left the temple. Yesterday she was late because of Vani.

Aatreya : Let's go. Shall we?

Nivid : Yes Your Highness.

Aatreya does not hear from Bali. He looks at Bali who is looking at the temple gate.

Aatreya : Bali, do you want to go to the temple?

Bali : Ah! Yes brother. She may be there. I will be back after seeking Mother Goddess's blessings.

Aatreya : (to Nivid) Why is he behaving like this? (Raises his brows)

Nivid : ......? What should I say?

Aatreya : (loudly) I am asking you.

Nivid : I... I don't.... (looks down, closes his eyes and blabs) He saw a woman yesterday at the temple. I think he wants to see her again.

Aatreya : (Shocked) What? He is behaving like this merely to see a woman. How shameful. Call him back.

Nivid : Yes, Your Highness.

Aatreya : Actually, leave it. I have something for you to do.

Nivid : Order me Your Highness.

Aatreya : Advisor Prabhupada.

Nivid : Yes, Your Highness?

Aatreya : He has a daughter named Dhani. I want you to seek some information about her.

Nivid : Information about a girl? Why Your Highness, do you find something suspicious about her?

Aatreya : (Blushes and covers his eyes with one hand) No. That's not the reason. I just simply want to know if she really did penance for 12 years or not and what blessings she received? (I would have done it myself but I can't stay here any longer. I need to address Naimisharan's affairs. And her father is searching for a groom too. I want to hurry.)

Nivid : (in uncertainty) Why? I don't understand its purpose?

Aatreya : I want to know about her blessings. But I can't stay here anymore. If she really has received boons from the Lord, I wish to make her a daughter-in-law of the Mitraman dynasty. Such a woman will bring good fortunes with her to our home. That's why I want to know what blessings she has received. Come after collecting information about her blessings. And most importantly, her father is looking for a man for her. Make sure that does not happen until I decide any further.

Nivid : Yes, Your Highness.

Bali returns from the temple with an angry face. Chief Surender and Prabhupada also arrive.

Aatreya : I hope you got your blessings. Let's go now.

Bali : Yes brother. (Scratches his head)

Surender : Have a safe journey, Chief Aatreya.

Aatreya : Thank you for your well wishes, Chief Surender.

Bali : (to Nivid) Why aren't you sitting up on the horse?

Aatreya : He will come later.

Nivid, Chief Surender and Prabhupada bid farewell to them.

Chief Surender : What task have you got this time, Sir Nivid?

Nivid : Hahaha. You caught on it so soon Chief? Haha. By the way, you said your daughter is doing penance in Kailasa Temple, right?

Surender : (Smiles) Yes. Looks like Chief Aatreya is interested in her. That's why he left Nivid here. Haha.

Nivid : Is it the same temple Prabhupada's daughter had been to?

Prabhupada : Oh! No. No. My daughter did her penance at the Shiva Temple of Nilgiri Hills.