Chapter 18 • Flowers

I wake up, feeling a nudge on my shoulder. I wipe the drool that was spilling out my mouth and rubbed my eyes. I look over to my left and noticed I was laying on Wally's shoulder once again.

"Wally! What are you doing out of bed?" I jump in shock at his sudden appearance.

"Sorry y/n! I just got out of bed to check up on you." He smiled at me as I moved myself back to the edge of the couch. I look back behind me at the clock and read '4:34 A.M.'

"Jeez, why are you up so early?" He looks over at me and points to the loud machine gun noises coming from the TV.

"Oh, my apologies." I grabbed the remote off the table and put down the volume. "Sheesh I didn't know they play such graphics things around here." Wally tilted his head in confusion.

"What do you mean, there's all types of genres on here." He then grabbed the remote gently out of my hand and clicked random buttons until the channels came up. "Ta-dah!" He smiled at me handing back the remote. I glanced over the channels reading 'Horror, Sports, Adventure,' and even some explicit channels.

"Woah! I had no clue about this, and here I thought I would be stuck watching kid films." I smiled, a bit embarrassed at my discovery. He looked me up and down with half lidded eyes.

"Neighbor, why are you wearing your day clothes?" He asked, I noticed he was wearing a blue robe with a white shirt underneath.

"Ah, I didn't have time to change." I smiled awkwardly. "It's fine I'll just change in the morning. You should go rest now, your fever hasn't gone away." I say as I placed my hand over his forehead while moving the blue wavy hair that was drooping down his face. He looked down at me and nodded.

"Ok then," He stood up and fixed his robe. "Goodnight y/n!" He walked back into the bedroom and closed the door. I sighed in relief and turned off the TV. Fixing myself on the big couch and placing my head over my arms. I began to drift off to sleep, awaiting for morning.
______________________________________

I wake up to the smell of bacon and the sound of sizzling. I sit up and look over the couch to see Wally at the stove.

"Mm.." I groan. "Wally.. what are you doing up, you're supposed to be resting." He jumped a bit to the sudden voice behind him and turned around.

"Oh, sorry neighbor! I just wanted to thank you with breakfast!" I smiled slightly at the thought that he put into me. I then looked down at my changed clothes. I was wearing a blue big t shirt and yellow shorts still with my undergarments underneath.

"What the.. I don't remember putting this on.." I looked up confused at Wally as I stand up. He shrugged at me and continued looking down at the cooking food on the pan. I walked over to the kitchen and sat down at the island. He placed down a plate and utensils in front of me and picked up the frying pan and spatula.

"Eggs and bacon?" He smiled down at me as I nod my head. (Sorry if you're vegan or vegetarian..) He pushed the eggs and bacon off the frying pan to my plate with the spatula. I heard my stomach rumble and looked down in embarrassment.

"Oh my! Someone's hungry." He giggled as he reached over the counter and lifted my chin with his finger. "Dig in." He smiled at me, I looked at him noticing he was wearing a tight white shirt and dark and light blue striped boxers. I looked down at my food quickly as I realized I was staring at him. He grinned down at me as he stood back up from his leaning position. I decided to do as he said and started to eat the breakfast he made for me. Once I finished I got off the tall chair and placed the dirty plate into the sink.

"Thank you Wally, it was delicious." I smiled up at him as he looked down at me with half lidded eyes. All of a sudden I hear a knock on the door and jump at the sudden noise. I fix my hair and walked over to the door. I unlock it and open it slowly.

"Hello y/n!! Julie, Frank and Eddie were standing there with a bouquet of pink, red, yellow and white flowers. Julie hands me the bouquet quickly and smiles down at me.

"We heard Wally was sick so we brought this for the both of you!" Eddie smiled down at me as I looked up, a bit embarrassed of my clothing.

"Ah thank you! I'll let Wally know." I smiled up at the three of them. I put the flowers close to my chest. "Well I'll bring this to him now! Cya around you guys!" They waved their goodbyes as I slowly closed the door as they walked away. I walked over to the kitchen at the smiling Wally.

"Julie, Eddie and Frank brought you some flowers!" I smiled as I walk into the kitchen, getting on my tippy toes to grab the vase on top of the shelves. Wally gets behind me and grabs the vase for me, placing it into my hand.

"Well.. isn't that nice!" He smiled looking down at me as he leaned behind me. I walked over to the sink, filling it up with water and placing the flowers inside. I look over at Wally as he stumbles a little on his feet.

"Oh my, come on let's get you back to bed." I grab his warm hand and pulled him into the bedroom, tucking him back in bed. I placed a freshly cold wet towel onto his forehead and walk out. I head back into the kitchen, grabbing the ibuprofen bottle and walking back into the bedroom with the bottle. I place a pill into Wally's mouth, handing him some water to chug. He swallows the pill after drinking the water and sighs in relief.

"How do you feel?" I ask as I put the back of my hand on his forehead.

"Better.. I should be back on my feet soon." He smiled, admiring my face. I took my hand off his forehead and smiled down at him, admiring his features glowing in the sun light coming from the window. I stand up and walk to the closet, opening it and grabbing an outfit for the day.

"Where are you going?" Wally sits up a little, watching my every move.

"Howdy's Place. I'm gonna go get you some snacks." I thought a little before pulling out a green wool cardigan with yellow buttons and dark blue ripped baggy jeans. "I'll buy some apples, is that good with you." I turned around at the grinning puppet as he nodded his head quickly. "That's good." I smiled at his cute expression. I closed the closet doors and headed out the bedroom to change.
_____________________________________

Here's a little wholesome chapter for now, enjoy it while you can. And don't forget to vote cutie patooties!! 🤗❤️