Chapter 15 • Field

I woke up and sat up in my bed, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I looked over to the alarm clock on my bedside table, it read '10:30'. Damn I slept good, I thought to myself before remembering I need to meet with Wally at 11. I quickly got up and chose my outfit for the day, I put on cargo pants with rainbow patches, a white tank top, and a bright blue cardigan  which I buttoned up halfway. I went to the kitchen and reached for a bowl out of the cabinets. I poured in the cereal then some milk and sat down on the couch with the bowl in my lap. I eat the cereal while watching some random kid shows on the box TV.

By the time I finished it was already '10:53', I put my empty bowl in the sink and put on my blue sneakers. I shoved the keys into my pocket and headed our the bright doorway. I blinked a couple times to get used to the sun and started heading towards the bright red, orange and green trees slightly behind Julie's house. The trees seemed further from the neighborhood, more discreet. I stood under the skylight in between the field of trees and waited patiently. I must admit, this is a beautiful place, I thought to myself looking around at the trees. I looked over and saw Wally walking with Poppy, laughing and smiling as they headed towards me. They waved after noticing me, shortly after I noticed them. Wally was carrying canvases, paintbrushes in a jar, paint pallets, and paints, while Poppy carried the folded up easels in one wing and stools in the other.

"Hello y/n!" Poppy chirped as she put down the easels, unfolding them as she did.

"Hi!" I wave at her and then to Wally, making eye contact. Wally put canvases on each of the 5 easels same with some paintbrushes. I looked around noticing how close we were to the forest. My car is probably gone by now, maybe even used as investigation on my missing case, I snickered a little at my own thoughts and looked up at Wally as he laughed sarcastically.

"Ha. ha. ha." He laughed, looking directly at me, with this sinister smile. I shivered at the creepy look he gave me.

"Oh here they come!" Poppy exclaimed, waving towards the entrance of the field. Me and Wally broke eye contact, looking to where she waved and we both saw Julie and Sally, skipping holding hands. I put on a smile and waved to the both of them. I looked back and noticed the stools were all in front of the canvas supplied easels. They were all in a circle and I sat myself down at the nearest one to me. Sally and Julie finally arrived and sat down at the stools including Poppy and Wally.

"Wow it's so pretty here!" Julie smiled looking up at the skylight underneath the leafs. I nodded, grabbing my paint brush and adjusting myself on the stool.

"So, as you can tell, we are gonna be painting our surroundings!" Wally said, introducing the lesson. Wally stood up passing everyone a paint pallet with red, blue, yellow, black and white blobs on the wooden pallet. I thanked him, so did everyone else as he sat back down to my right.

"By using these colors we can make any color we want!" He exclaimed, pointing at my pallet as an example. "Well that's everything, you guys can start painting! If you have any questions, ask me, since I'm a professional." Wally smirked, taking in the admiration from everyone. I dipped my paintbrush into the yellow paint and then into the blue and started mixing it on the wooden paint pallet.
______________________________________

Everyone surrounded Wally, admiring how good his painting looked.

"Wow you really are professional!" Sally's eyes lit up while she looked at the painting. Everyone nodded and agreed with the sun shaped girl. After a bit of admiring eachothers painting we grabbed our paintings waving our goodbyes. I stood near Wally as the neighbors left and looked back up to Wally.

"Would you like to help?" Wally smiled down at me holding the paintbrushes everyone used. I nodded and giggled at the amount of paint he had on his hands and cardigan. He chuckled awkwardly and started stacking the stools. I grabbed everyone's paint pallets, the paint brushes Wally collected and are now in a jar and the paint bottles which were almost empty. I looked over at Wally which had the folded up easels under his armpit and the stools stacked on his shoulder.

"Let's get going!" He smiled down at me, nonchalant about the fact he was carrying atleast 100 pounds of metal and wood furniture on him. My eyes widened a bit, impressed by his strength and then shortly nodded remembering I left him waiting for an answer. We headed out the field of trees and headed towards Home, I waved to the neighbors as we passed by them. We finally arrived and Home opened the door for us, Wally moved to the side and let me go inside first, then he went in shortly after me. I placed down the paintbrush jar, paint bottles, and the stacked paint pallets onto the kitchen counter. Wally shut the door and places down the easels and stools onto the floor.

"Thank you neighbor! Wouldn't be able to do it without your help!" He grabbed my face and smiled, letting go and grabbing the dirty paintbrushes. I looked over at him in shock as he took of his cardigan and put up his white undershirt sleeves. I looked at him, and then back at the floor.

"I need to use the uh, bathroom. Be right back!" I shouted out awkwardly, walking towards the bathroom. I walked down the hallway and noticed the chained room had a large bookshelve in front of the door, completely hiding it. I walk towards the bookshelve before getting pushed by a floor board.

"Right, sorry Home." I whisper, remembering what happened last time. I went to the bathroom and did my business, coming out wiping my wet hands onto my jacket. I walked out the hallway and saw Wally, with his back turned, wiping the paintbrushes with a towel. He has a nice long torso, I thought noticing how the shirt showed off some of his curves. Suprising for a puppet, he has a human like body.

"So, don't you have to attend to your job?" He said, still with his back turned.

"Oh shoot, you're right!" I've completely forgotten about my job at Eddie's Post Office and ran out the door. "Goodbye and thank you!" I yelled out right before closing the door on the waving Marge Simpson which was still at the sink, drying off paint pallets.
______________________________________

Long chapter 100k views, hooray! Anywayys don't forget to vote, pretty please 😘