Chapter 14 • Painting

I looked around at the random selected spaces the neighbors chose to sit at onto the grass including Julie which I worried about earlier. I sat further from everyone, in a perfect located spot for the fireworks view. The sun has already set, for which it was difficult to see. I saw Wally walking towards me and I started sweating a little as he sat down next to me, having no clue what he was going to do to me. He leaned back on his arms extending his long legs in front of him.

"Are you excited?" He asked, fixing his gaze upon me. I nodded eagerly, excited for the fireworks to start. I looked up to the night sky and looked at the calm stars splattered all over the dark canvas of a sky. I felt Wally postion his hand near mine, so that our pinkies intertwined. I looked over at him, a little flustered and saw him smile at me, giving me a reason to calm down, completely forgetting how mental he is. I focused my attention back to the sky due to the loud noises. I jumped at the loud noises as the colorful explosions light up the dark sky. I guess Wally seemed to notice my trembling because his fingers were now completely intertwined with mine. He squeezed my hand, ensuring its safe, he made me feel safe, warm, like no one has before, I wish it was just me and him together, with no one to interupt us. I calmed down and continued on watching the fireworks show.
_______________________________________

After what seemed like 15 minutes which was actually an hour, the fireworks finished and everyone clapped. I got out of Wally's grasp so I can add onto the clapping and slow down my clapping with the crowd, to the point it stops. I look over to Wally and see him staring at me with a wide smile.

"So, how was it y/n?" He asked excitingly, as his pupils grew.

"It was really pretty! I loved it!" I smiled, closing my eyes as I do. He chuckled and looked back at the now still sky. I looked around and watched as the neighbors started getting up, getting into little groups, laughing and talking.

"Well, that makes me glad." I look back at Wally which was now smiling slightly at the ground. "I recommended this after all!" He looked back up at me, his smile growing. "For us." He whispered into my ear, and got up, reaching his hand down for me to use to get up. I grabbed his hand and got up. I went to Julie, which is in a circle with Sally, Frank, and Eddie.

"Hey guys!" I smile, budging into their conversation.

"Hi!" Jullie waved, smiling down at me.

"How was it visiting your siblings?" I asked, tilting my head in curiosity. Julie looked up behind me and then back at me, her expression slightly changed to a worried one.

"Huh. Oh yeah! I almost forgot haha.. it was fun!" She smiled sheepishly, looking back at Home's direction. I looked behind me and found Wally looming over me.

"So.. how did you guys enjoy the firework show?" Eddie sparked up conversation with everyone. Julie, Sally and Frank started talking about how they liked it, while I turned around at Wally moving to the side, letting him join the circle. He walks forward and places his arm around my shoulder.

"Man, it's been a while since we had something exciting like this!" Wally added in, talking confidently. Everyone nodded, agreeing with him.

"You know Wally, you should start having art lessons. It would be great to meet up with some neighbors and spend a couple hours outside, painting!!" Sally smiled, putting her hands up in excitement. Wally's expression brightened up in interest.

"That's a wonderful idea!" Wally smiled at Sally, tightening his grip on my shoulder. Everyone nodded in agreement, persuading Wally into it.

"You could start tomorrow, by the field of trees." Frank added, exciting everyone some more.

"I'll be free around 11!" Barnaby said, walking towards us. "Sorry, just couldn't help but overhear your conversation." Barnaby chuckled awkwardly, taking out the pipe in his mouth.

"Same here!" Julie smiled, raising Sally's hand with hers. Confirming 3 people who would come by at 11 tomorrow.

"I'll come along!" I smiled up at Wally, actually excited to be doing this.

"Well, then it's decided, we'll do painting lessons. 11 o'clock near the field of trees, anyone who wants to come, go ahead!" Wally smiled, projecting his voice for everyone to hear. Everyone smiled, even Frank.
_______________________________________

I started heading towards my home after everyone decided to head home. I heard running behind me and turned around. I saw Wally waving at me, I smiled up at him.

"Let me walk you! It's dark after all!" He catched his breath, slowing down to my speed. I smiled up at him and continued walking back home. Once we got there I opened the door, and looked at him.

"Thank you for today!" I hugged him in gratitude, he went limp as I tightened myself around him. I took a step back as I let go, and watched him get back to his senses.

"Ahah.. uh yeah! No problem, I sure had fun today!" He chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck. I went inside and shut the door, watching out the peep hole as he walked away. I sighed once it was fine to do so and turned on the light, exposing the primary colored living room.

I finished getting ready, and got into bed, closing the blinds before I do. Excited for the next day, I closed my eyes.
_______________________________________

Don't forget to vote yall, hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it.