Chapter 11 • Jobs and Fireworks

I woke up feeling a sharp pain on the side of my head. I looked around and found myself back at Wally's room.

"What happened last night?" I question myself as I get out of bed to check on Wally. I see Wally in the kitchen cooking something.

"Goodmorning y/n!" He said, still looking at the pan.

"Goodmorning."

"You might wanna put an ice pack on your head, you fell pretty hard in your sleep." He said now smiling down at the pancakes.

"Ah ok." I head to the freezer not recalling a single thing that happened last night other than me staying over for the night after the movie. I grab an ice pack and put it on my head while closing the freezer shut. I look over at the pan and see that Wally was making stacks of confetti pancake.

"That looks good!" I smile up at him and he smiles back at me.

"How many you want?" I tell him the amount and sit down at the living room table. He comes out of the kitchen with the pancakes on a plate in one hand and the maple syrup in the other. He places it down a hands me my utensils. I start pouring the maple syrup over the pancakes and I cut them up in little pieces. He sits down besides me with his plate and looks over to me.

"Is it good?" I nod, still with my mouth full, and continue chewing. I looked over to him as he blinked the food away. Jeez I forgot this Joy (inside out) lookalike eats by blinking. I look back to my plate and finish up, hoping he didn't hear my thoughts.

"Thanks for the food!" I smile and look up at him as he smiled back, staring at me.

"Oh right! I washed your clothes for you last night." He stood up and walked to the closet, pulling out the clothes from yesterday. He headed back towards me placing the clothes on the table. He then grabbed my stitched up palm and put the ointment that he pulled out of his pocket onto the wound.

"It should be better by in a month or two." He smiled at me, I nodded and got up, grabbing my clothes I headed to the bathroom to change.

"I'm gonna go change real quick, I'll be right back." He nodded pointing his hand out to the bathroom, directing me where I should go. I closed the door shut after I got inside the bathroom and took off the light red nightgown I borrowed from Wally a night ago. I folded it nicely after changing back into my clothes, and washed my face and hands out of sleep. I headed outta the bathroom and saw him sitting down at the couch looking at me.

"Oh right! I forgot to inform you, there's gonna be a firework show by Howdy's Place tonight!"

"Oh! I'll definitely come! What time exactly will it be held at?" I smiled, fixing my gaze upon him.

 "Ah, I'm not exactly sure, you should go ask Howdy!" He replied, and so I did. I waved my goodbyes to Wally and Home as I walked out the door. I headed to Howdy's Place and opened the bell ringing door. I saw Howdy standing behind the counter, with Frank and Barnaby on the other side. I walked up to the counter getting in between them.

"Hey y/n! Have you tried Howdy's hotdogs, they're splendid!" 

"No I haven't, but I'll be sure to try them in my free time!" I smiled at the blue dog, now stuffing his face with a hot dog. I looked up to Howdy, ready to ask my question.

"Hey Howdy, what time is the firework show tonight?" He looked down at me and smiled.

"Around 8:30, after sunset!" He replied, shining an apple behind the counter.

"Hey y/n." I turned to Frank. "Eddie is looking for employees, and you don't seem to have a job here yet, so if you'd like one, I'd recommend going to Eddie's Post Office." Frank slightly smiled and went back to frowning, I nodded and waved my goodbyes to the 3 of them and walked out the door, ringing as I did.

______________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, author here, sorry for not being able to put 3 chapters today. I got some uh mental issues over something that happened today and i need to get ready for testing later this week so im sorry for such a short chapter. I promise ill get some more chapters out for yall later this week. cya.