03. Welcome To Aviara (pt.3)

But no matter how enchanted it is, the new students still can't use their magic right away just after enrolling. So for the first 3-4 days, everyone was just going through their normal school activities. Chatting with other friends, sleeping in class while the teachers explain, and maybe listening to some splashy gossip as well.

Only after that, one by one, their bodies began to be polluted by the magical energy around them.

That's why one week after the initiation event, the first event that needed to be held for new students was a census of magical abilities. As the name implies, it is an examination of each student's magical ability.

And about this… Alisa has also thought about it seriously, but she can't seem to say that she is someone who has been able to use magic since she was 2 years old, right? Because most of her classmates don't seem like that, maybe.

But since it was rumored that people who didn't have magic tended to get bullied by other students, it might be better if she still claimed to be able to use some magic.

So the question that remains is which magic should she confess to?

"Did you know that? I heard the highest record is that someone can use up to 19 kinds of magic." Mary said. "Though it's better not to hope that high because most students usually only master 1 to 5 kinds of magic only."

"Nineteen…?" Alisa replied a bit pensive while starting to count the amount of magic she could actually use.

'I have less magic!' She thought in shock.

Even if originally a magician's ability wasn't usually determined by the amount of magic, it was still somewhat surprising. "Nineteen... Means 'alpha', right?" She added later.

Even though it's not an official classification, Alisa also knows that in Aviara there is a level classification of magic ability for everyone. Starting from 'omega' for groups of people who can use 1 to 5 kinds of magic. Then 'beta' for 6 to 11 kinds, until finally 'alpha' for people who can use more than 11 kinds of magic.

And Alisa is actually a bit surprised by this classification, because that's a term also used by real witches. It's just that if it's original, there's actually a few more levels above alpha.

"Well, usually only VIPs can use that much magic though." Mary answered while taking a sip of her juice.

"VIP members…" She repeated. Even Alisa, who rarely talked to anyone other than Mary, had heard about them. VIP members, who are said to be a special group for the council leaders. Rumors say that they are quite fierce. But if you imagine the beautiful senior who spoke at initiation at the time, it sounds like a lie.

And regarding the census examination of the magical abilities, it's actually not as formal as it sounds either. It's more or less just like an ordinary medical examination, which is then added to a special interview.

"How much magic can you do? Anything?" That's pretty much the standard question asked.

Well, it makes sense. Even Alisa can't tell whether there are real witches in this school or not. So specifically checking everyone's magic ability is also impossible.

Though, if there wasn't any special reason, it didn't seem like any students would hide their magical abilities anyway. Except if they're in the same situation as Alisa maybe.

"I-I..." While avoiding the gaze of the senior in front of her, Alisa paused for a moment to convince herself first. But in the end she still answered according to what she had planned.

"I-I can do telekinesis." She answered super nervously. The problem is even though it's not a lie, for some reason Alisa is still afraid of being found out.