Liars and Secret Keepers

Start from the beginning

"Why are you torturing this guy? This is not like you."

"This guy manipulated and used Lizzie to gain access to blood so he could be undessicated. He knew her mind was unstable, and he didn't care. He caused her to have a breakdown, and I will never forgive him for that." I share with my sister.

"Henry, this...this is something Dad would do. This is not you."

"I'm more like Dad than you know, Hope. Now if you have nothing else to say, please leave." I order her.

"Hen..." I cast a spell sending my sister away. I turn back to Sebastian, and I inspect the bite seeing the infection grow.

"Death will be too kind for you." I bite into my wrist and force some blood down Sebastian's throat. The bite heals itself.

__________________________________
Hope's POV

"I got to admit, it's... it's nice to get a break from town." Rafael tries to make small talk with me as we track down the Croaton. "You know crowds still get my heart racing." He shares.

"It can't be easy to adjust to being around people." I sympathize with him.

"Talking with you helps." I chuckle at his comment.

"Me? You don't even know me." I fire back.

"But I feel like I do. It's like I'm supposed to or something." Rafael rambles. "Look, I know you must already have a couple...dozen guys or girls that are interested in you..." I chuck at his comment.

"Technically, um, I'm not seeing anyone." I explain.

"Not even Henry Mikaelson? Everyone talks about how close you two are and..."

"Henry and I are family friends." I continue to lie. "Nothing more." Rafael seems to breathe a sigh of relief.

"Good." I smile awkwardly at him, unsure of what to do with this information. "I mean, Henry and I aren't close friends, but I will respect him if he doesn't want me to make a move."

"Henry is dating Lizzie. And I'm just friends with him." I clarify for him, and he smiles.

"Then you should know that... I'm not afraid of technicalities." Rafael declares to me.

__________________________________
3rd Person's POV

"What is that?" Landon questions Lizzie as she sets a candle down in front of him.

"A dark object from the school archives." Lizzie answers as she lights a match. "Once I light it, nothing supernatural can get inside." She explains. "This should prevent you from being Croa-toast."

"Um, I saw you and Hope hanging out." Landon changes the subject. "Do you know if she's seeing anyone? Like she and Henry aren't a thing, right?" Landon asks, and Lizzie looks at him, confused.

"One Henry and I have been dating for five glorious weeks." Lizzie declares. "We've said I love you to each other and meant it."

"Oh...okay ne..."

"Henry is amazing in every way possible and..." Lizzie stops and looks at Landon. "Sorry, what were you asking?"

"Uh, if Hope is seeing anyone." Landon reminds her.

"Ahh... shouldn't you be focusing on Josie?" Lizzie fires back.

"Uh yea, I was asking for Rafael." Landon answers.

"Good. Because now you've watered the garden of Josie's eternal flower, I would think that you would hold that to be sacred."

"Please tell me that's a metaphor." Landon scrunches his nose at Lizzie's comment.