Chapter 32 [The Hidden Truth]

Figure POV:

I kept holding onto the cold railings for them to guide me, in every step I took on the just as cold stairs I felt my heart beating more and more faster. As if I was going to meet Seek for the first time again. I don't know which would be more surprising, Seek gaining his so called sanity back and us having a normal talk again after a long period of time or me not finding him in his cage? It really hurts saying "his cage". To whoever forced us get in this fucked up situation, I won't be showing mercy.

While thinking densely, I didn't even realise I was already here. Putting my ear(😀) against the door, I muttered inside, not so loud, but loud enough for Seek to hear me- if he was awake of course.

"Seek."

...

"Darling?"

Not getting an answer again, I pushed open the metal door quietly, but it still made that annoying squealing noise. And that surprisingly woke Seek up.

"Fucking nightmares..."

Well, this had to be the first thing he said when he woke up. Okay.

I walked up to him and put my hand on the slightfully rusted poles.

"Shortie..."

Quiet. Only silence.

"Fi...gure?"

"No it's freaking feetgure you dumba-"

(it feels so wrong to joke right now, and it feels even more wrong taking a look at the traumatizing things that happened in recent chapters- just pretend this sentence does not exist)

"Screech got your note, shortie. Soon you'll be able to get out of here. I hope. We already started trying our best to save you."

"FIRST, YOU FUCKING LOCK ME IN HERE, THEN YOU COME AND SAY YOU'LL SAVE ME?" He banged on the poles harshly that made them shake, I pulled my hand off with reflexes. Sighing, I faced towards the ceiling and talked in a sharp tone.

"Guiding Light."

...

"Get out of Seek's freaking brain."

Seek burst out a nervous laughter.

"HAHAHAHA, what are you talking about Figure?!"

"Oh well! I already know uhh- so um..."

I started playing with my fingers, wondering if Guiding Light will even come. Soon, the familiar luminescence sound filled my ears, and then a body falling onto the ground.

"Gosh..." Guiding Light mumbled.

"What the hell?" I muttered. "So it is true."

"I'm so sorry Figure. I swear to god I will explain everything." Guiding Light's voice shaked. "I- I... Void is busy right now, you guys have a small matter of time, please talk quickly and get it done after I wake Seek up."

I scowled and backed away. "Void?" My confusion was pretty visible.

"U-Um... I will explain everything." From what I understood Guiding Light kneeled down in the cage and started shaking Seek. "Seek! Wake up. Come on!"

"Oww my head..."

It was quiet, I heard Seek's heartbeats increasing.

Seek POV:

Awkward. Awkwardness in the air, awkwardness in this jail. I stood up. I was tapping my foot on the ground rapidly, trying to calm myself over nothing.