Chapter 10 [Promise]

Figure POV:

"SEEK IS GONE!" I shouted in worry. My own voice blasted my ears but I didn't have time to worry about that. I heard multiple doors creaking open at once, and some sleepy voices mumbling.

Then I heard Screech's door literally being broke open, and some footsteps rushing towards me. His footsteps sounded just like Seek's. I then heard his footstep sounds stopping right in front of me, suddenly. He grabbed onto my arms tightly and shouted.

"Seek is what!?"

I felt everybody approaching me, waiting for answers. My heart was beating out of my chest. I wasn't able to slow down my breath. Everyone's eyes were on me, they all were going to scream at me.

"What happened to him?" Glitch asked. I just then realised the sounds around me were getting more and more hoarse, the ringing in my ears made me hear my heartbeat more loud then I ever did. I tried to calm myself down, but they were all right in front of me, getting ready for blaming. Some voices started whispering inside my head. They were really hard to understand. They only made me weaker second by second. 

"YOU ARE THE REASON, TELL THEM FIGURE?" Screech shouted again.

I wanted to run away to a silent corner, curl up in a ball and start crying. But I didn't even have eyes to cry. It felt like all the world was against me. I was facing the consequences of my decisions, I know. I made numerous mistakes, I can't even count them. Maybe I'm just not chosen to be a friend. 

"What even..." El Goblino said quietly, or I was hearing him as quiet. "...happened?" I then heard Ambush talking, but I was hardly able to hear. What's going on with me, I'm losing my only ability... Is all the voices in my head causing this?

"Let me explain. Figure, and Seek were datin-"

"We were not." I said in a cold tone. What was Ambush up to? This is probably the reason why his dad left to get milk and never came back.

"Can't you be more aware of Seek?" Screech asked. "Can't you see his feelings for you?" I wanted to punch myself. I sobbed once quietly. After getting myself to feel a bit better and relax I replied.

"What feelings, Screech? What makes you think Seek would ever have feelings for me? I'm pathetic!" I laughed. "I'm blind, I'm pitiful, I'm terrible, I'm weird, I'm a loner." As I kept laughing maniacally, everybody kept silent. I punched the wall besides me. "WHAT FEELINGS?"

"HE LOVES YOU IDIOT!"

My heart literally stopped beating, my whole body tensed up and my legs got weaker. I held onto the wall besides me that I just punched, and I shouted back at Screech. "REALLY? HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT? YOU'RE FUCKING LYING!" I ripped the wall texture. "YOU ARE JUST LYING RIGHT NOW TO MAKE ME FEEL THE WORST!"

"WHY DO YOU THINK I WOULD? YOU REALLY ARE THAT BLIND TO NOT SEE HIS FEELINGS! OR DO YOU JUST NOT WANT TO ACCEPT THE FACT? DO YOU NOT WANT TO LIVE WITH REGRET?"

"Hey hey Screech-" Hide attempted to talk, but he was cut off by Screech.

"SHUT UP MAN."

I finally let go of the wall and fell down to the floor. I pulled my legs closer to my chest and wrapped my arms around them, then buried my head inside my arms. Seek always told me to think of the ocean whenever I had these panic attacks. So I did listen to him, and I tried thinking of the ocean. Firstly the ambient around me got colder a bit and I started feeling the soft wind, and the waves. My hearing got better second by second and soon enough it was back to normal. I didn't lift my head up, I kept it down buried in my arms still - but at the same time I started listening to the others.