Chapter 12 [Sudden]

Screech POV:

I don't know how long I've been walking. I looked at everywhere in every room, the closets, I was able to look inside the closets freely since Hide was sleeping. He was cuddling with Jack at the hangout place, how cute.

I kept walking and calling out Seek's name until I couldn't feel my feet. I formed myself into my normal version and that made my body disappear, causing me to fall down. I groaned in pain, now realising how high I was flying. I sighed loudly.

"I just realised I forgot how to fly..."

I was now a "ball" as what the others call me. And that's why I hang around with a body. I don't want to be called a "ball", man. At least flying doesn't tire me.

I kept traveling through the rooms checking every single place possible. Though it was hard for me to open doors without hands, I got used to it quickly. After going through almost more than forty rooms a raucous sound starting filling my ears. The more I got closer to the door in front of me, the more the sound increased and became more clear to tell what it was. This was a sound we, all of the entities, were used to. The never ending rain sound.

I pushed myself forward towards the door and it opened slightly. I pushed the door more and took a quick glance at the area that was in front of me. Yeah, just as expected, this was the courtyard.

Figure POV:

I didn't find anything until now. I've went through almost every room, but something felt off with the courtyard as I walked through there. It was as if some living creature was there at the moment. I could tell I even heard some kind of heartbeats, I think? It was hard to tell if those sounds were "heartbeats" because the heavy rain was deafening me. I was now walking back to the courtyard from door 100. I had to check that area again. I just can't accept the fact that Seek was nowhere around The Hotel.

I pushed open the metal gate. Its sound gave me goosebumps. How was this door closed again if I went through it before and left it open? I think the wind was the cause. I can't think straight, the only thing that's on my mind right now is Seek.

I crouched down and went through the door, using my hands to make sure I was crouching down just enough to not get hit by the door frame. I took a step and that weird vibe started haunting me again. I turned around in a circle and made sure that the "heartbeat" sounds were coming from the right side of the courtyard, according to where I stood at the moment. 

Just as I was about to make my way to that side I heard the other metal door being opened.

Screech POV:

I pushed open the metal gate strugglingly with two of my tentacles just to end up seeing Figure, who was standing at the other side of the courtyard in front of the other metal door. He turned to me suddenly, the creaking sound the door made probably being the cause.

Should I run, but where do I run? Should I fly silently and slowly? No way, he will get ahead or bump into me.

You know what? Fuck this!

I formed my body back and fell to the ground. "Was I flying that high?" I said to myself. Figure took a step towards me and shouted. "Who's there!?"

I got up immediately and wiped the dust off of me. Then I cleared my throat and began.

"Uhm, it's... it's me! Screech!" 

"Screech?" Figure tilted his head to the left. "What are you doing here? I hope you're not doing what I think you're doing." He then approached me and I crossed my arms over my chest like a little kid.

"It's none of your business, mind your own." I walked past Figure and started looking around the courtyard, just now realising that some of the bricks on the walls were darker than they had to be. And those bricks weren't sprinkled around randomly or anything, all the dark ones were in a group making a big rectangle shape. "What?" I muttered to myself and starting walking towards that place out of curiosity. Figure started following me.