Chapter 19 [Bet That Costs Life]

Guiding Light POV:

I teleported all the entities back to the hotel that turned into humans. They all panted heavily, some of them sat down, some of them straight laid on the floor.

I let myself fall on my knees and rest until I felt at least a little bit better than the state I'm in right now. Teleporting someone doesn't exhaust me very much, but when I use teleportation on more than ten people that's when things come to a giant change. "Ahh, it feels so nice to be home again!" I heard Seek sigh delightfully after saying this sentence. I raised my head a bit and happened to see all the entities chirping around happily - excluding someone.

"Back to being blind..." Figure murmured quietly. His voice trailed down. I would be sad too, if I went back to being blind again after I got to see the world for once more.

"I'm sorry Figure," Murmuring in slight regret, I glanced away. I was feeling too bad for having to take his sight -that he just gained for almost two hours- away from his hands after it made him really grateful. "I would have loved to let you stay as a human for some more but this thing I'm doing is really pushing my limits."

"It's fine, I understand." Figure forced a fake smile on his face, which seemed extremely real and bright. "I'm used to it." I nodded slightly, still feeling ashamed, and went past Figure to scold all the loud, annoying entities. 

"LISTEN UP!" I shouted out loud, surprisingly everyone stopped the gibberish they were busy talking about and turned to me within two or three seconds. "You all are not thinking that I'm going to let the things y'all did slide, are you?" My raised voice seemed to somehow scare them, as they were wincing at each other and shivering a bit. "What the heck did y'all do? Stop staring at each other, answer my question. Tell me the thing so I can laugh along with y'all." I smiled, but its meaning was a caution.

"Uhh, we, we threw a kid outta window." Jack stuttered.

I gasped unintentionally and scowled exaggeratedly at the response. Holding my pointer finger out, "AND YOU'RE SAYING THIS LIKE IT'S YOUR DAILY ROUTINE?! YOU HAD ONE JOB, JUST ONE JOB!" I shouted. I took deep breaths and continued. "What about the others? Rush, do you have anything to say?"

Rush seemed to not show any affection at my menacing sentence. He scoffed and shrugged. "I stole some food with Ambush. I mean, it's not a big deal, ya'know?" He shouldered Ambush -who seemed pretty stressed out- and grinned recklessly. "If we could do it one more time, we would do it one more time." 

"Excuse me, I-" I swung a harsh slap in the middle of my face and groaned between my teeth. "Fine, I'll let yours slide. But don't do it 'one more time'. Or else you'll be seeing me in front of you. What about..." I ran my eyes over the entities and set them on the two short darned trouble makers. "Eyes and Screech."

Screech jumped in his place exaggeratedly and hid behind Eyes. "Uhh..." Eyes looked around, searching for something that'll set him free from my grasp - even though I wasn't even touching him in any way. "Well, you see, we sneaked into the cinema... Nothing much happened later then, we sneaked out of it just the way we sneaked in it."

"Exactly what I would expect from you." I let my upper eyelids fall down slightly. "And about Jeff, El Goblino and... Bob, what's the thing y'all did?" El Goblino snickered nervously and opened up his arms in 'I don't know' pose.

"Oh, uhh... You see, amigo, we might've threatened some rich people for money..." He laughed slowly as he gave quick glances to Jeff who had rose their lower eyelids and moved the inner sides of his eyebrows up 'shyly'. "Not a big matter though, is it? In return, they ran away so... None of us won!"

"God damn it." I rubbed the place between my nose and forehead with my index and thumb, trying to calm myself down and suppress my headache. "This isn't about winning or losing! I've sent you all there in one condition; You all had to act, be careful and be responsible. And y'all messed it up! Go away now, thank you, gosh... Snare?"