Chapter 28 [My Love]

Screech POV:

Everybody went to their own ways after the UNO match we had. I decided it was the best if I read a book. I haven't been reading a book myself for so long. Seek always used to read to us, me and Figure, these recent times. I don't think he'll read me a book right now, he should still be at the courtyard. Getting his ink combined with rain, which causes him to melt slightly.

I was counting the numbers of the doors, while making my way to the library.

55... 54... 53.

El Goblino jumped slightly on his seat, and turned around.

"Oh, düd!" he smiled. "You scared me."

Jeff, who was counting the coins in his tip jar laid his eyes on me and waved.

"Where were you going?" El Goblino asked.

"Nothing." I shrugged. "Just going to borrow a book from the library."

"Oh, I understood..." El Goblino nodded. "Well, good travels!" I smiled and kept walking. 52... and finally 51. I looked at the huge doors with much appreciation in my eyes, smiled to look kind, and pushed the doors open slowly. Figure was sitting on the chair at the librarian desk. He didn't show much moves when he heard the door open like the old times. He would greet whoever came, and put on a cheering smile. But now he was just sitting emotionlessly, with his head being rested on his hand. He raised his head a bit.

"Welcome?"

I walked up to the railings and held onto them. "It's me, Screech. Hello!"

"Oh..." Figure lowered his head while his voice trailed down. "Welcome again."

I jumped over the railings and landed on the ground in front of the bacon statue. I smiled more even though I knew he wouldn't see it. But that smile didn't last long.

"Figure..."

I quickly walked up to Figure and put my hand on his arm. There was cuts all over his arm, slightly bleeding.

"Why did you do this to yourself..?"

Figure didn't respond, instead he lowered his head even more and smiled in a disturbing way.

"The pain feels good." He mumbled, still smirking.

-30 Minutes Ago-

Figure POV:

I wanted to cry, I wanted to cry so bad. But everything I was able to do was sobbing and laughing. Guiding Light slowly stood up, and soon she got out of the library. Now I was able to do whatever I want, wasn't I?

I walked upstairs. I went behind the bookshelf and moved the pale red couch that was next to the closet. I crouched, and felt the ground with my hand. I was able to find it, I grabbed the knife and stood up. I slightly scratched my arm with the knife. It felt good.

I did it again.

And again...

...hoping the pain would make me forget Seek for a few hours.

It didn't.

-Current Time-

Screech POV:

"This isn't how you solve your problems." I put another bandage on Figure's arm. He laughed loudly.

"Oh Screech, the reason I'm harming myself is way worse than you think."

I put the last bandage and pressed on it slightly, then sighed. "Then, tell me everything you got."

Figure turned his head to the window. "I'm afraid I can't."