Anyway, whatever takes to convince her!

She looked at me shocked and then angry before she turned to leave. She is leaving again.. s***!

"It's the last thing grandpa said before he had a heart attack," she stopped in her tracks, I walked up to her and stood in front of her.

"I know how much you love and care for grandpa and I know how he adores you as well and as you may already know, my grandpa is an extremely stubborn man and he will never stay put until he gets us married. I know that you did not take him seriously when he talked about our marriage and you had nothing but good intentions towards him but he took it very seriously. Even if you go to him now and say that you don't want to marry me, which is an actual fact, grandpa won't believe you and he will just think that I forced you to say that," I just explained everything truthfully because I knew she loved grandpa like her own grandfather.

She thought for a while and replied, "Then we can tell him the truth. He is stubborn I know but he believes in love as well and as long as we can make him understand that you love someone and will marry her-"

"It won't work." I cut her off. She seriously wouldn't mind if I get married to anyone else?!

What the actual heck did you think just now, Aiden Alvertos! You're losing your mind already.

"Why do you think so? You haven't even tried yet. I will talk to him as well and you can bring Clara to meet him and I'm sure he will understand you." She said seriously and I was mad at her for being like this. Can't she see that it's because of her only that I can even think about marriage, even though it would be fake.

'Considering your past records, you certainly didn't give her the slightest idea, idiot!!' a voice inside my head snickered.

'You want her to claim you,' I gulped and hushed my crazy thoughts away.

"She is gone," I said quickly.

"What?" She looked at me blankly.

"That- she is gone!" I was about to say that woman is gone and would never come back anyway but I controlled myself. I was lying to her and I found myself hating it. I hated the fact that I was lying on her face.

"Adira, I promise that this marriage won't affect your life in any way. You can live your life freely as you're living now. As grandpa's health gets better and he will be strong enough to take the news, I will tell him the truth and we can divorce then," I looked at her, begging with my eyes so that she would agree. I didn't understand myself at all, my brain isn't functioning well, I was doing things that I would never do normally.

'Live your life freely? Seriously?! Would you even let her do that? What if she finds another man? Would you tolerate that?' What's with my conscience mocking me endlessly today. No men allowed! We will talk about this later.

"I don't have anyone else in my life, Adira, I only have grandpa and I can't lose him as well. I will never be able to forgive myself if something happens to him," I said quietly, looking at the ground.

"Okay!" she said in a very small voice, just above a whisper.

I looked at her shocked, I didn't expect her to agree but I find myself floating with.. happiness?! No way.

I cleared my throat and said, "I will tell grandpa when he wakes up," she nodded and I left immediately before I did something stupid to her like taking her in my arms and kissing her until we forgot what's going on around us. Without any reason, a small smile appeared on my lips.

***********

I sat in a bar, sipping my drink, thinking about everything. Tomorrow is my wedding day and I am not sure about how I am feeling. I concluded that I am sexually attracted to her. Well who wouldn't be? She is a temptress without even knowing.