46

Forty-Six
DELILAH

Sensitive Content
Gruesome violence
Mention of rape (Not Delilah)

I've just killed twelve men.

I've just fucking killed twelve men.

"Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God!" I shake my already-shaking, blood-stained hands and hop around on the spot. "Holy fucking shit." I freak, fanning my face and feeling a sense of nausea.

I've just killed twelve men.

And unfortunately, it doesn't include Damien or that fucker Jerry who left me in the room thinking that these men would do some serious damage towards me.

I have no idea what took over me, but I think deep down it's knowing I'm carrying a tiny human in my belly. My baby.

"Shit, shit, shit." I get back into panic mode before any logical sense can seek me out and help me. And when it does I rummage through all the men's pockets until I come across a phone.

"Do you know my number off by heart?" I scoff at Mason's question, turning my head on the pillow to look at him. He's staring down at me with a serious look on his face and his eyebrows raise. "Well, do you?"

"No, Mason. I don't know your number off by heart, I barely even know my own." Mason gasps dramatically and I roll my eyes.

"What?!" He hisses, making sure not to wake Gunner up who is passed out on the other side of me. "You need to learn." I groan, watching him type his number out and shove it in my face.

"I'm not doing this."

Mason pushes the phone further toward my face. "Learn." He demands in his deep voice.

"Ugh, fine!"

It's like Mason knew I'd need to know his number off by heart at some stage in my life, and this is the moment.

I quickly type in his number, keeping my eyes on the door and listen as it rings... and rings. "Answer you, stupid man," I mumble, biting my nails anxiously.

He doesn't answer on the first round but when I call a second time he answers straight away.

"No, I don't need your shitty little insurance scams, I'm a little busy at the fucking moment. Piece of fucking shit!"

"Mason."

There is silence on the other end of the line and at first I'm worried my hearing has gotten worse but I catch his breath hitching and Gunner asking who it is in the background. It feels like my heart beats back to life at the sound of their voice and knowing that they are alive and well. My eyes sting with tears and my belly flutters.

"Mason," I repeat, praying that Damien doesn't walk in right now. I increase the volume to the maximum and focus on hearing every word from him.

"Baby? Holy fuck, Delilah! Tell me you're okay. We're coming to get you, baby, give us an hour. Please tell me you're in that basement with the other girls." I roll my lips and clench my eyes shut. "Baby?"

"N-No, I'm not anymore. Damien is auctioning me off and I don't know how long I've got, plus I've done something terrible but I had to, Mason because they were going to hurt me." My chest is beginning to ache due to how hard I'm breathing. Mason curses on the other end of the line.

"Whoever you've killed, it's fine. Are you still in the house?" He questions in a calming tone.

"Yes but Mason, you need to save those girls first, please," I beg, thinking about all of those poor girls, especially Aurora and Belle. "Promise me."