______________________________________

'Kill... kill... kill...!'

It's the only thing she can think of after learning of her friend's death. She can't even bring herself to see the corpse of that girl she swore to protect on the past.

Her eyes slowly processed the group of figures on the distance. They also seems to have no noticed her as she saw the man leading them smirking at her way, before seemingly gesturing for those along with him to finish her off.

'KILL!'

Her crimson eyes acquires a brief violet glow on it, before changing back to normal as she prepares a stance. She kicks the ground to charge at them. Intent on piercing one of them with a thrust.

Though, it wasn't an issue to this guys. Regardless of her skills, without magic she can't produce enough strength to her feet to instantly get to their side. No matter how much strength she tries to applies to her sword, it won't matter as it can only excel the same power as her own physical strength.

The gap between her and those she opposes are already great. Which is why it is so obvious when they easily repelled her strike with a single swing of their blade. Her sword flying in a parabola on the air, before falling with a clang on the floor behind her.

"Gah!"

And then she was sliced on her torso. Thankfully not deep, but enough to cause her sides to bleed. A kick sent her a few meters away from them. Worsening the wound on her side as she coughs up a bit of her own blood.

She knows within her mind that what she is doing is foolish. There is no way she can fight if she can't even muster any magical power within her. Though her heart is also greatly shaken.

'What's the point of my training? What's the point that I lived on that time?'

She felt so regretful at not being able to help Arisa. If she was just there, she might have been able to prevent her death. Even if it costs her her life, she will feel at peace at that. It's only because of wanting to save Arisa that she manages to rid herself of the Demon Possession. Without her, what's the point of it?

'I want strength! At least enough strength to take care of these bastards!'

Though even as her heart is shaken, she also deeply desires the destruction of the group who killed her friend. Her eyes that are tearing up are slowly glowing with a pale hue of violet as she knitted her brows in defiance.

As the two guys tries get closer to her, she tries to at least move. Standing up on shaky legs as she gritted her teeth. As one of them lazily swung their sword at her way, her eyes widened for a moment in extreme concentration.

And then she notices it!

'Slow...!'

She can feel the world has becomes extremely slow to her perception. The sound becoming very inaudible to her ears. A strange surge of strength seems to be accumulating within her body, and the familiar sense of that warm energy is flowing rampantly within her body.

"This is...?"

She quickly decided to stop asking and focused her eyes on the approaching swing. With a practiced movement, she manages to dodge to the side, and then kicks the ground to dash quickly to her sword on the floor. Before taking a stance at them.