17 - Belgian

It's safe to say that last race was an absolute shit show and I mean for everyone not just me, but the best part was I still got 2nd while Anthony got 9th!

I think it was the best race of the season personally, but I am a little tiny bit biased....

I'm sitting on the grid in 2nd and Anthony in 1st every time I look over at him I grow more determined and as the lights go out I race forward, I'm neck and neck with Anthony.

I get ahead of him into the turn as he broke really early and I grin smugly at the overtake, "nice move, now keep the pace and stay focussed"

I copy and continue my racing but unfortunately Anthony has a lot of pace with this race and manages to stay at my wing closely for a few laps, then I hear the daunting order,

"Box box, box box"

I go into the pits and watch sadly as Anthony races infront and many more cars pass after him and what feels like an eternity I'm finally out of the pits.

"Ok we are in p5, let's buckle down and get this done" the headset says

"Can't argue with that" and I begin my hustle once again.

——-

It's coming toward the end of the race with still a few laps to go and unfortunately I'm in p3, sure many would kill for this position but I'm fighting for a championship and my opponent is first.

As I turn the corner I'm met with a spinning out car and not expecting it unfortunately I just manage to hit the tip of their car, sending me into a spiral similar to theirs.

I instantly take my hands off the wheel as it uncontrollably spins out and the car smashes violently into the barriers, causing my head to bobble very aggressively.

I look around to see two other cars wiped out with me and I see one of the drivers not moving and instantly ignore my headache and jump to help them.

Once I'm out of the car I run to theirs and yell to try and wake them, the redbull driver isn't waking up. Panic floods through my veins and I instantly check for their pulse and relief floods through me as it is still there.

Marshalls and doctors usher me out of the way and they lead me away and take me to the doctor's office.

I'm in a very hazy state, mostly from shock and I feel like nothing around me is actually happening and I can't snap out of it.

The doctor checks me over and says I just need to rest and take some pain meds for my headache, I'm glad it's nothing serious and I'm starting to come to my senses again.

I look up to meet eyes with a very scared looking Liam, this is a first because I swear I have never seen that man resemble anything near fear. He runs over to me and hugs me instantly, looking over me to do his own little check.

"Alright, you ok to go back to the garage?" Liam asks gently and I nod so we start our walk back to the pits, seeing our garage in the distance.

Once we reach the door is instantly shut and I take me helmet off. "Are you ok?" Liam asks instantly as the others walk over to me.

"Yea yea I'm fine MUM" I say with some sarcasm but my tired face must have tipped him off that I'm not being completely honest.

"The doctor said to just get some rest and my neck might be sore for the next couple of days, how did that even happen? I just turned the corner and boom, spinning car"

Everyone in the room looks around nervously and I grow suspicious, I glare at Liam knowing he will crack and tell me.

"That little trick that Anthony just loves to do....he did to the redbull...." He says quietly and all traces of my tiredness are gone as I realise he is just playing with peoples lives like it's nothing!

I didn't even realise how much time had passed as the celebrations for the race had finished, meaning a certain someone would be in the pits.

I grow a sickening grin and place my helmet back on slowly, the crew looks at me dumbfounded so I take advantage of it and exit the garage, making my way over to the Haas garage.

I enter just in time to see the sick bastard walking in too, I stand there in a dominating stance and simply just waiting for him to notice I'm waiting for him.

Noticing everyone looking my way he turns around and his grin grows as he recognises me. We slowly stalks over to me and I hold my ground ready to cut fucking loose, I am livid right now.

"Well, well I would say nice race but oh that's right you didn't finish it! My bad." He says with a sickening laugh and god he would not be this bold if he knew just what I was about to do.

"I mean the race was pretty easy, you know it really was easy winning when you weren't pestering me in my mirror every second of the race."

That's when the penny dropped.

He messed with the redbull driver so he would slam into me.

I can't take it anymore I take one slow and powerful step so I am mere breaths away from him, his grin falters slightly.

I quickly and strongly punch him square in the face and just as he recovers and looks at me again I knee him in the privates, causing him to fall to the ground.

God if I could spit on him right now I would, I lean down to his face and go right up to his ear.

"A word of this to anyone and you will have worse than sore balls and a bloody nose"

With that I get up and walk back to my garage and instantly grow tired again, but thanks to my revenge I don't feel as beaten up anymore.

——

Sooooo it really has been a while....sorry? Thoughts on this chapter? Hopefully I will update at least once a fortnight :)

- Author