12 - Azerbaijan

So that last couple of races have been hit or miss, Anthony and I have been winning and coming second which just makes the tension even harsher than the start of the season.

This pisses me off, losing to an entitled little bitch when I busted my ass to get here. Liam keeps telling me to keep my focus and I do but sometimes I just want to keep punching Anthony's face until even plastic surgery can't fix it.

I do bring myself back as I'm sitting in my car in the garage waiting to go out for the race, I qualified p1 with Anthony in p3 so I need to take my advantage.

Once my gloves are on and my steering wheel is locked in place I make my way to the grid with the pit crew, I try to focus my breathing but when I make eye contact with Anthony I can't help but let a smirk grow under my helmet.

Focus.

My breathing becomes even, I only focus on the car and everyone except the drivers are left on the track.

Show time.

The lights black out and as usual I fly forward easily pulling ahead of the redbull in p2, I exit the first turn and put as much space between us as possible.

"Good start, keep it up! Redbulls in p2 and p3 and Anthony in p4" Liam makes the effort to say Anthony instead of the Haas, to which I remain grateful.

——

There is about a thirteen second gap between me and the car in p2 so I happily pit when my team tells me to.

After a quick stop from the team I am spit out directly next to the car in p2, we fight into the corner and unfortunately the other car comes out infront.

I sit at their wing constantly as close as possible hoping to throw them off but it doesn't work but luckily for me there is a straight not too far ahead.

As we begin the straight I go as fast as I can which makes me directly next to the other car the straight comes to an end but I brake late, allowing me an advantage into the turn.

I exit infront and leave the car in my dust and begin making the gap as big as possible.

"Perfect overtake there Maxx, I wanted to tell you that the Haas pit crew forgot a tire for a certain driver which left them in p14. Just thought I would put that information out there" I hear Liam inform me which sends me over the moon.

"Keep updates like those coming" I reply with a chuckle and further the gap between me and p2.

—-

I'm driving happily with my car eleven seconds away from p2 when suddenly the car stops accelerating.

I push my foot fully to the floor but nothing happens! That's when I see in my mirror what no driver ever wants to see:

Smoke.

"For fucks sake!" I scream and pull to the side.

"Get out of the car Maxx" the headset instructs anxiously.

I do exactly that and watch the marshalls put out the fire which was apparently coming from my car.

My blood boils seeing the other cars drive past, even if it's slowly from the yellow flag it still pisses me off.

"Fuck" I yell again not caring who can hear me I kick the dirt like a little kid but I don't care, that perfect race just went down the drain.

The marshalls escort me to the garage and my head is held down, I'm engulfed in a hug who I find out is Liam and I give it back hesitantly.

"Sorry about the breakdown" the head mechanic says, they bring the garage door down so I pull my helmet off.

"Nah it's alright we need to focus on Vernon now, he's in p7 he can get the team some points" I say as happily as I can which must be convincing enough because they eventually leave me alone.

I go to my drivers room and change into the team polo and some jeans, I put my pass around my neck and find Liam in the garage.

"Hey, I'm gonna go for a walk to clear my head. If you don't see me in around half an hour come looking" I laugh but he gives me a sympathetic look before nodding.

I make my way out of the garage and walk around, I haven't really explored because of me being a secret and all.

I walk around the back of the all the team assigned areas where all of the pr team and team bosses usually walk around but it's pretty quiet because the race is still going.

I check to see if anyone is around, no one is.

"FUCK" I yell not too loud but loud enough to let my emotion out.

I instantly relax, that yell gave gravity to my situation, it's just one race not the end of the world.

I then start laughing like a maniac, I must look like a psychopath.

"Excuse me, are you alright?" My body instantly tenses, I was too loud!

"Yeah, sorry just letting off some steam" I look around and instantly see a familiar blondie.

The Haas mechanic, Matt.

Now that I see him up close, his eyes are a mesmerising bright blue. His fair looks so soft and fluffy and the signature blonde colour. He is a little taller than me, probably around six foot something? He is fit and his arms are pulling at his Haas clothes, I bet he has a six pack.

"...hello?" I'm snapped back into reality.

"Sorry, i was a little distracted, what were you saying?" I ask innocently to which he chuckles, a utterly euphoric sound.

"I was just asking if you needed anything?" He asks sincerely, his voice is so deep. Could this man get any more perfect?!

"Well, I could have your number" I shamelessly say, he let's our a familiar deep chuckle. He then pulls out a pen and paper.

Once he is finished writing he hands me the paper, let's go! My worst day just turned into my best.

"But seriously, are you alright? That yell sounded painful" his eyes hold deep concern for me, I flash him a smile.

"Just my cunty old parents, plus my team kinda did shit today" I say to which he nods at.

"Well parents are pretty shitty, if you go for a different team like I don't know Haas? You would have a much better time" he says cockily proudly displaying his uniform.

"Well I wouldn't exactly call p14 a victory but whatever floats your boat sugar" I say effortlessly giving him a nickname.

He blushes, got ya sugar.

"Well-"
"Matt, come on major Anthony tantrum" his crew mate disrupts.

"Coming!" He yells back before turning to me.

"It was nice to meet you...." He trails off.

"Dream girl, you better get to your toddler known as Anthony" I say walking away from the blonde god.

I look at the small peice of paper and see 'hot Haas mechanic' written on it as well as a number, I giggle.

Now that is how you end a race weekend.

——

So what do you guys think of Matt? I kinda just described my type lol. Don't forget to vote people!

- Author