Chapter 12

⚠️⚠️⚠️ - Graphic depiction of violence

(Y/N) POV
Summer
Tuesday - June 20, 2023
12:23 a.m.
Going Merry Mansion

It seemed like Luffy was not getting up any time soon. I've been in his room for about six hours just to ensure he wouldn't have another one of his "episodes", but it's been nothing but a waiting game. Sure, I could have left him alone and done something more interesting, but I just didn't want to leave his side at this point.

I glanced down at the red silk bed sheets as I felt myself begin to yawn while I extended my arms over my head to stretch letting out a relieved sigh. I lowered my arms and felt some rustling in the bed as I turn my attention to Luffy, who was fast asleep and for once had the most peaceful expression ever. I could feel myself smile softly as I laid my head against my knees that were brought up to my chest. I couldn't stop staring at him. Yes, Luffy is pretty rude and he has such a cold demeanor and maybe even a terrible attitude that makes it incredibly hard to approach him, but right now as I'm looking at him, he's the most calmest and maybe even the most handsome man I've ever seen.

But, I'm not saying that because I like him or anything, it just so happens that he's very attractive and I felt the need to compliment him

But, I'm not saying that because I like him or anything, it just so happens that he's very attractive and I felt the need to compliment him. Even if he is asleep.

Ding.

My eyes darted quickly to my phone as I grab it and see an email that's sent from the loan agency as I groan not wanting to even bother with them.

Grand Loan Agency Department

Date: June 6, 2023

UPDATE: PLEASE READ OVER THIS EMAIL IN REGARDS TO YOUR LOAN PAYMENT.

Hello (Y/N) (L/N),

Your payment of $250.00 was approved and credited and has now been deducted from the initial due amount. Your next payment will be due on June 26, 2023.

UPDATED DUE AMOUNT: $499,750

PLEASE SUBMIT TOTAL PAYMENT BY: June 2, 2024

We wish to remind you that unless the payment is received by June 2, 2024, this collection will be passed over to our debt collector lawyers. This could seriously affect your credit score and legal standing and therefore we urge you to contact us immediately for any sort of payment plan for efficient payment before the deadline.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Grand Loan Agency Department

At least they offered me a decent payment plan. No matter how nice they worded the email it still felt like a slap to the face with how high the loan price was in total. Whatever. I'll deal with this as I go.