It pained me to see Jonathan like this.

——————————————————
We sat with him for a few hours as detectives asked him to describe the shooter, and to give his statement again.

His lawyer showed up and shooed the detectives off, as if they were trying to insinuate that he did it.

"Thank God your lawyer came, I was going to cuss them detectives out for you." I say

"I was gonna break their jaws." Ross sneers.

Jonathan slightly chuckles. Then suddenly the doctor comes.

"Mr. Wyles?" He asks

"Um, yes sir." He gets up quickly going to the doctor.

"Your wife isn't in critical condition but we have sedated her to keep her in a deep sleep for a few days." The doctor informs. "She will be moved to room 1237."

"A-and our babies?" He asks nervously.

The doctor places his hand on Jonathan's shoulder.
"We were able to keep her body from rejecting them. It was actually quite miraculous as if something else was protecting the babies."

"S-so?" Jonathan asks quickly.

"So, so far, so good. The baby hung in there. And either way if they had to be taken out they would have survived in the NICU."
He smiles patting him on the back. "All though for the rest of her pregnancy she will be on bed rest, but we'll be keeping her here for a few months depending on her condition once she wakes and afterwards."

"Okay, understood, thank you sir." Jonathan says as he looks up towards the ceiling with his hands together.

We all do a sigh of relief as it seems that Jonathan says a prayer.

The first time I've ever seen him pray.

—————————————

Finally they roll her bed into the room and they hook her machine up allowing for 24/7 fetal tracking of the babies' condition.

"She should wake in the next day or two." The nurse says as she leaves us closing the door behind us.

Tears well in my eyes as I see her head wrapped and the bruises on her sleeping face.

"Hang in there Lottie." I whisper as I kiss her forehead and step back so Ross can say his peace.

Jonathan sits beside his wife holding her motionless hand.

"You're gonna be okay?" Ross asks him, concerned.

"Yeah, yeah." Jonathan says through tears. "She's okay, they're okay, and that's all that matters."

Ross pulls out his phone and calls Carter.

"Carter send some men to The memorial hospital. They are to watch the place. Ellie and Yvonne if seen are to be apprehended and brought to me alive." He says.

Jonathan looks surprised. "When did your faction become active again?"

"When Ellie was having Lottie's dad kill my people." I found out recently that she was his girlfriend the one behind it all. And I'm having my doubts that Frank is even alive anymore." Ross says before opening his arm to pull me into them.

"Thank you." Jonathan says before looking back at Lottie.

"We'll be in touch. And in your Stead who would you like to run your business?" Ross asks.

"My cousin Aaron and my friend Mark." He says before kissing Lottie's hand.

"Got it." Ross says as he escorts me out and closing the hospital door behind us.

If I wasn't mistaken I heard Jonathan begin to weep. And my heart goes out to him.
———————————————————————————————————
A/N: Jonny 🥺😭

If you liked this chapter don't forget to ⭐️💬🗣️

-chuu💋