Vee and I sat her things by my bed since that's where she'll be sleeping. I was going to make a palette on the floor and let her take the bed.

"Where's Persephone?" I asked.

"Oh she's going to meet us at the cafe. Will yall be ready in like thirty?"

We both nodded.

"Great, well I have to stop by the main office so I'll see you guys down there, give you some time to catch up" Delilah said before waving goodbye and heading out the door.

Me and Vee sat on the bed, and I took a good look at our very neat and clean surroundings.

"I'm telling you right now, this dorm has never been this clean. Delilah's stuff is usually everywhere, so enjoy it while it last" I blurted out, sending us both into a hysterical laugh.

"Should I be expecting to eat wagyu and lobster mac and cheese at this cafe?" Vee mocked.

"They actually have lobster mac and cheese there now that I think about it"

"What- I was just joking, this place is insane B, you're living the freaking dream."

Ugh if only she knew that lobster mac and cheese couldn't even come close to fixing the problems I was dealing with.

"So what's the plan for this weekend? I'm trying to turn up" Vee said doing a little dance.

"I actually hadn't thought that far ahead...I was just hoping to spend some quality time with you and let you get a feel for Kinderton" I said pulling my lip back.

"Aw how sentimental...still want to turn up though. We'll find something " She laughed and I smiled. I'm beyond grateful to hear that laugh and have her comforting energy around me.

When it was just me and Vee I felt as if all my problems were nonexistent and that's one of the many things I enjoyed about her presence.

About thirty minutes went past and it felt like five because Vee and I held really good conversation like always and cracked plenty of jokes that were reminiscent of our freshmen year days.

"Oh my God, do you remember when I went on my first date with Jeremy P and threw up in his brand new Mercedes because I was so nervous" Vee said holding her stomach.

"Only to find out it was his dad's car" I added.

"And then his parents wanted to sue mine. Oh my God" 

We both continued to laugh before I saw the time and we made our way to the cafe.

"This is yall's cafeteria?" Vee looked around with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Yeah... that's what I thought when I first came here too... I actually work here"

"Bitch?! Say word. This place looks like a freaking five-star restaurant. I could definitely get used to this for the weekend."

I giggled and saw Delilah and Persephone already sitting down at a nearby table. They waved at us, and we both went to sit down.

"Oh it's so lovely to finally meet you, I'm Persephone. Blake, you forgot to mention she's absolutely stunning" Persephone said standing up to shake Vee's hand.

I knew Vee would joke about this later; there goes that formal introduction she was betting on.

Vee shook her hand back, thanking her, before sitting down.

"Lunch is on me everyone" Delilah said.

"I could really get used to this" Vee responded and we all laughed.