Chapter 3: Magic Shop

——————————🧹——————————

Izzy and Becca made it to the magic shop which was actually the Sanderson Siblings' old home, that had been renovated and was now owned by a man called Gilbert the Great.

Izzy and Becca entered the shop as Gilbert was giving another performance.

"People of Salem, gather round. I am Gilbert the Great." Gilbert introduced.

He was a chubby man with dark skin and short black hair, wearing purple robes and a purple hat with gold stars on them.

"I'm here to terrify and amaze you with the most bone chilling legend of All Hallow's Eve. That of the Sanderson Siblings."

Gilbert pulled a string and a dramatic backdrop unrolled behind him, and a spotlight illuminated his frame.

"The Sanderson Siblings were the most powerful coven that ever lived thanks to Winston's book of spells."

Gilbert gestured to a glass case that held Book in it, who was strapped down to a pedestal.

"You really don't want people opening that book, huh?" One teenage boy commented.

"That's not to keep people from getting in. No, it's to keep the book from getting out."

Suddenly, a black cat jumped on top of the case, making people jump.

"That very book contains the recipe to the potion the siblings used to kill Emily Binx on Halloween night, 1693. In that same night, the three witches hanged. But not before they cast the curse! That if a virgin should light the Black Flame Candle on All Hallows Eve, with a full moon in the sky, the Sanderson siblings vowed they would one day return to take revenge on all of Salem!" Gilbert warned.

A little kid in the audience raised his hand. "What's a virgin?"

Gilbert's eyes widened and he stuttered a bit. "Uh, that is a uh...a person who has never...lit a candle."

The audience chuckled a bit as he continued.

"But perhaps the siblings have already returned. Twenty nine years ago on Halloween night, some swear they saw three figures fly across the moon."

"Sounds like someone had a little too much candy." The same teenager from before joked.

"Well then, how do you explain this?" Gilbert lifted a cloth to reveal the melted Black Flame Candle. "The Black Flame Candle burned to wick!"

"Ooh, so they witches have been walking among us for 29 years. Look out everybody." The kid mocked.

"No, man. The candle's magic only brings them back for one night. Then they disappear at sunrise, okay? Just, can I finish this?" Gilbert asked in annoyance.

"But if the candle's melted, then no one can light it and they can't come back, right?" The same little boy said.

"You are right. They cannot return. That is..." Gilbert held a cloth in front of the candle. "...unless there is another candle."

Gilbert moved the cloth away and a non-melted, fake candle was sitting on the little table.

"Witches are real. We're all gonna die!" The boy panicked, getting up and running away.