sixty-six.

June could hardly rest, her body in too much pain at this point to even try and sleep. Every moment of the night thus far had been spent with her trying her hardest to find a position where she wasn't so terribly uncomfortable. She wasn't having the best of luck. 

They were under a roof but if she turned her head to the right and looked up at the sky she was met with a beautiful array of stars to observe, something about the peace and the serenity of the middle of the night making her feel slightly better. She looked for constellations for a few moments before she looked over at Sarah, feeling her heart contract as she looked at the girl. At this point Sarah was the only girl she knew that she could trust, she was almost the only person that she could trust period. Of course there was Cleo, but June hadn't seen Cleo in days.

The thoughts of Cleo led her to thinking about Pope, knowing he was somewhere out there trying to find them. She wanted to scream over the fact that she was even out here, of course she would've been here regardless...but what angered her is that she had no choice.

Her eyes flickered to the ground and they fell on John B, the boy sleeping peacefully. Her lip quirked up a little and she appreciated that she had seen him...she had really missed him the past week.

Unfortunately the smile was short lived, a frown embedding itself into her face as she thought of JJ. She tried to rid her mind of him by looking back up at the stars, but then even they reminded her of him, almost like his name was written in the sky. She remembered when he had told her he wanted to go stargazing with her, and she yearned for the nights at the beginning of all of this when they would all lay under the stars and talk, and no one was dead and no hearts were broken. Her heart yearned for the time before they all knew the truth. But they could never go back.

June closed her eyes again, attempting to sleep because she had a feeling tomorrow would be a long day. They would be a trekking a mountain, something she had never agreed to but had been dragged into doing, for a treasure she didn't even want to find. She wondered if maybe no one had ever found it because it was never meant to be found.

June felt a weight in her hammock and she instantly opened her eyes, a tense breath in her throat quickly being released when she realized it was just John B. He slid into the hammock with her and she scooted as far as she could, turning onto her side that wasn't in agonizing pain.

"How do you feel?" He whispered, his hands clasped together under his cheek as he looked over her face. She gave him an inconclusive look, her lips tightening as she managed a shrug.

"Some of the worst pain of my life. Surprisingly enough."

"I don't know how you're not dead yet." He said jokingly, June letting out a low chuckle and looking at his shirt.

"Trust me...it's not for lack of trying." He agreed with her, a silence settling between them. She watched as his expression changed into one of guilt of some sorts, or remorse. She wasn't sure what he would say next.

"He was going to apologize you know. I told him to give it a night and let you simmer down. He wanted to go over there after the party...I told him to give you some time. It's my fault. He would've been there if it wasn't for me."

"It's not your fault. It's my own fault. I made bad decisions and it brought me all the way here. Can't blame anybody but myself." June took accountability, remembering what Singh had accused her of. John B didn't seem too convinced, that sorrowful expression staying on his face. He still didn't have the entire story of what had happened, but he would wait until they were home and she could tell it.