sixteen.

June March sat on the edge of the bed, her back to the door as she stared at the wall in front of her. She had an intense worry in her chest, it had been awhile and Kiara had not returned, but she hadn't seen or heard anything outrageous, she she hoped that everything was okay. She had been biting her nails for most of the time she spent alone, feeling like she was going crazy being alone up here with no idea what was happening or when she would be needed for her 'greater purpose'.

It took only a few more minutes before that greater purpose decided to find her itself, the door to the bedroom opening. Junes head turned fast as a man she didn't know walked inside, a smile coming across his lips as he saw her.

"And this is where she is! I was wondering why you didn't join us." Two others walked inside and the second that they came in the door Junes heart stopped, her blood running cold and her eyes widening.

Rafe Cameron.

His eyes caught her in a millisecond, the way that his face softened making her want to be sick. That terrifying look in his eyes that he always looked at her with returned, the hopelessness, the love, the trust, the obsession. June felt the phantom of an ache on her neck and she stood from the bed, watching as the object of her nightmares and the most terrifying person she knew looked her over. Her hair was still wet and clinging to her skin, and he faltered heavily seeing her here. God, how he worshiped her. How he pined and ached and yearned for her. At least something good had come out of this day. And then he saw it on her face and in her eyes. The fear, the absolute terror as she looked at him and only him. He looked down at the floor, feeling anger bubble in his chest at the way that she had looked at him like he was nothing but a monster.

"Enjoy the grounds during your stay. I must warn you though. I'm not a man of infinite patience. You have one day. Go to the window for a little demonstration." A guard came into the room, Singh gesturing towards June who was still staring, trying to take in everything that was going on. Rafe and Kiara watched as the guard grabbed her, June not sure of leaving the room was the worst thing that could possibly happen. "I think you'll enjoy it, you know.

Singh took June out of the room, the guard closing the door behind them. She let out a relieved breath the second she heard the lock click, but Rafe was on the other side, feeling an instinctual panic now that she had been taken from him.

"Hey! Hey! You just done talking? Where are you taking her? Hey!" Kie looked at him with disgust on her face, shaking her head as she saw first hand just how fucked up his infatuation with June was. He turned around with a panicked look and fear in his eyes and she almost gasped as she saw it. June could hear him beating on the door but soon enough she was pulled away down the stairs, and whatever the demonstration was...she was not going to miss it. She was pulled onto the porch and immediately presented with Jimmy Portis. Junes eyebrows were furrowed as she looked at him, a guard holding her in place as Singh did something behind her.

He approached Jimmy, raising his gun and shooting him, June gasping as his body fell to the ground. She dropped as well, her breaths heaving as she figured this was about the most traumatic few minutes of her life. Her hands went to her head and she covered her ears for just a second, feeling bile rise in her throat as she stared wide eyed and traumatized at a man she had seen alive not even moments ago.

The blood started to pool towards her and Singh looked up at the window that Kiara and Rafe were behind, lifting the gun to June. He imitated shooting the gun, mouthing the word bang and then shrugging his shoulders. Rafe Camerons lip trembled in fear as he watched the men move towards June, his heart dropping to his feet as he tried to problem solve. The best way to keep her alive was getting Kiara to tell him where that diary was.