Butterfly Garden

Cold, suffocating and unmoving

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Cold, suffocating and unmoving. That's how he would describe what it was like living in the Gail Mansion as Latte would call it. It would be quiet on a good day and a violent one at worst, he'd only been there for four days. The woman that looked like his mother would just glare at him all day and would comment on every single thing that Latte did.

If it was his turn to wash the dishes, she'd watch him before scoffing and shoving him away, telling him that he was doing it wrong. The woman would yell at Latte whenever he chose to just sit down, telling him to 'get up and do something.'

Everything was rather horrible to say the least. Luckily, today was one of the quieter days. He didn't know what that woman was doing outside of the house, maybe her job or something, he didn't really care.

Latte laid in the bed, phone in hand. Everyone else looked like they were having fun during the holidays. He messaged Vil, Rook and Ruggie every so often to see how they were doing, they'd always respond back which led to long conversations that kept his mind distracted from his current situation. Kalim was more of a caller though and their calls would last for hours, never-ending.

A sigh escapes his lips as he lets his phone slide out of his hand. Latte missed them, he'd do anything to get out of his situation. He shuts his eyes, thinking back to his time during school, back when he was still friends with Azul and the twins.

Did he overreact that day? Was breaking their friendship too much? But it wasn't like Azul and the twins were his friends, they were...they were his other-self's friend. They were friends with the Latte Gail of Twisted Wonderland, not him.

But still, an aching pain flourished in his heart. He shouldn't have called his other-self a coward when he didn't even understand what he's been through.

A ring of his phone made him snap out of his feelings of regret and he checked to look at it. The corners of his lips quirked up and he sat up straight, Jamil had sent him a photo of a beautiful oleander flower in a large vase on the ground.

Latte was glad that Jamil kept to his word that he would send the pomefiore student pictures of flowers from his home country. Latte quickly hit the call button on Jamil's number and pressed his phone to his ear.

It rang for a moment until the other teen picked.

"What's up?"

"An oleander, huh?" Latte tilted his head. He could hear the sound of something shuffling from the other line.

"Yeah, it reminded me of when you almost got in trouble with professor Crewel from when we first met."

He gasps. "Wha—"

"Just kidding," Jamil paused for a moment. "I just thought it looked nice."

Latte rolled his eyes, getting off his bed to walk around the room. "Not funny."